Help with a possosive child I am watching

Help - I am helping my friend watch her 2 year old at my house - I am having a hard time because her son is very possessive with our toys and his stuff - the othe day my son touched his shoes that were at the front door and my son's friend jumped the couch and slammed my son into the wall - I was shocked when I told mom and she laughed at it - today my son touch my friends sons bag and the kid freaked out and starting jumping on my son and hitting him - it took my husband and I to get him off my son - again mom did nothen saying this is what 2 year olds do - my son is 2 and does not do this - I am lot lost and my husband wants me to stop watching this kid - he says there is something mentelly wrong with him - what can I do - I never seen this before - it is like watching a dog attack someone - this kid just keeps watching my son to see what he is going to do then all hell breaks lose!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:55 PM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It's your house. Youre watching you can dicipline him. Give him time outs tell him no
    Anonymous

• What's really wrong is that the mom thinks it's funny! I'd make it clear to the mom that if her son continues his behavior, you won't watch the child. Your child's safety comes first. She should be actively working with you to find a solution if she wants you to continue watching her child.
    Anonymous

• The mom is obviously part of the problem because she has been letting it slide and probably not just at your house. If he is watching and waiting for your DS to just touch something of his so he can "go off" on him, I say, just like the PP, your house, your rules. You discipline him as you see fit. Tell the mom how and why you are disciplining him and if she doesn't like it she can take her son elsewhere. He is being mean and hurtful and hateful and NO TWO YR OLDS DON'T ACT LIKE THAT normally. It's either a learned behaviour from it being done to him or he has seen it done many a time, either way it needs to stop or she needs to find a different sitter. IMHO.
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 7:28 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• STOP WATCHING THE KID. End of story. My Son doesn't do that, He's almost two and a half. You don't need that in your house and you shouldn't let it in, whether she's your friend or not. Is your kid important to you? I know your answer is yes. So put your foot down and make sure he's not getting beat up by a kid with issues. It's bad enough it happens in school where you can't control it - you CAN control it and stop it from happening in your own home by not letting that little hellion be there. As for the mom, not much of a friend, huh? She doesn't care that her son is hurting yours, so she needs to go, too.
    ajtherad

Answer by ajtherad at 8:15 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I'd stop watching the child. 2 year olds don't "do" that.
    madamekatekate

Answer by madamekatekate at 8:34 PM on Nov. 7, 2009