WERE YOU TAUGHT...

"IF YOU CANT SAY SOMETHING NICE, DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL"

why don't people remember that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:56 PM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes I was taught this and it is one of my fave sayings. I am proud to report that my kids now refer to it as well. My son told me he used this at school this just week. Other kids were talking bad about another kid and asked him if he agreed. He told them," Well, you know what they say, if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all." He said they looked at him like he was crazy but that it shut them up for then anyway. It's a very good lesson, one we should all abide by. I was very proud of him! : )
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 10:31 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Because too many people were also raised with the mentality to say what they think, regardless of how rude it comes across. Their opinion matters more than anyone else's.
    Anonymous

• because people have forgotten what manners are
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 7:13 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I agree. And really It's all good to have opinions and all, but there is such a thing as tact, ya know?
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 7:21 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Yes, I was taught that and do use it.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 7:26 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• everyone wants to be evil nowadays
    evilive

Answer by evilive at 7:54 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Too many people weren't taught that. And somehow along the way we think the rules we give our kids don't apply to us.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 8:10 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I grew up with my parents saying that to my brother and I. I still follow it today. I have been working in customer service in the local casino for over 10 years. You'd be surprised how many people do not have manners.
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 8:19 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Yes, my grandmother did teach me that. I am not sure why people don't follow that anymore. Its a good thing.
    rjpetty605

Answer by rjpetty605 at 9:10 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• whatevvv foo. i was taught dont give ur opinion unless your opinion was asked for..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:26 AM on Nov. 7, 2009