Do you live on base? How is the atmosphere today? Are things different? How are your spirits?

Just concerned and curious. Has life on base changed since the shootings at Fort Hood? How are people holding up?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:56 PM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• As a Marine and Marine Wife...I am so shocked that this guy (after obviously showing "signs" that he might be capable of this sort of thing) was in a position to pull it off. I'm so sorry for your shock and your worries and now, your sadness. My heart goes out to you all. My prayers are with you.

SterlingLegend

Answer by SterlingLegend at 7:30 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I live on base and i didnt go outside today. When it first was on the news i was in the BX and in the food court. Everyone was just standing and watching the TV. I was really upset and they showed the guy. I said out loud WTF that's his Name!! i was really upset. I didnt go outside today. I didnt feel like it.
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 7:01 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Thanks for sharing. My prayers are with you and all of the military families out there - especially those who fell in harms way in this recent tragedy.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:04 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• they showed the guy. I said out loud WTF that's his Name!!

Why

Anonymous

• If it was his name that made you feel the worst about what happened then you need some help!
    Anonymous

• When I used to live on the base, I've always felt safe....like the gate will guard us on any bad happening...like someone trying to break in your home or drive by shooting. So I was a bit unease when we decided to move off base. Then I saw about the shooting yesterday, and I'm like shock that something can happen inside the base on US soil. I thought it was safer...I guess it's not.
    Anonymous

• Shoot, being on a military base is not all that safe. We live on one and we've had 4 break in attempts this year....sometimes i feel i would be safer off base...

JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 5:41 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Around here we're all still in a state of shock it seems like.
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 9:22 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

There is a history of violence on military bases

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Nov. 7, 2009