feel so alone

I feel so alone, My dh hasnt worked in over a year yet he does not help me with the kids. I have not had a day way from the kids since I went in the hospital to have baby #3. I need time for myself, he gets it why cant I? He thinks that as long as we have sex things are ok. I want to get out of the house some, alone or with him or friends. I feel like he just doesnt care about us or me or the family since he wont go find a job, he quit looking I think. I cant work because of illness, I want him to find a job SO bad! What can I do? I have talked to him he doesnt seem to get it. I hate feeling this way, I want more, I want me back, I want money to do things without help from his family. I feel so lonely all the time or just tired and depressed. Any kind works will help-thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:18 PM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• I'm so sorry for your situation. Hugs.

Some people may think you are depressed. Its not clinical depression if you have things to be depressed about. It sounds like you have plenty to be depressed about.

You don't have to be away from your children to be happy. My husband left while I was pregnant with number 3. I learned to have fun with the kids. If you don't have a car that you can use then that would be a problem.

You can find a job for him. I have done it for lots of people. Look for jobs online. Go out and look around and see who is hiring. Radio Shack is hiring where I live. Pick up applications and fill them out for him. Have him sign them and go and turn them in. Do up a resume for him or at list a list of jobs and references so it is easier to apply for jobs.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:28 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• My best thought is that he may be depressed too--- and so far gone into his own hole of misery that he isn't even noticing your hurt or needs. Men think of sex like we think of talking and affection. He's assuming that because sex is happening, the basics of the relationship are being taken care of- just like a woman would with affection and conversation.

You may just have to lay down the law about some time for yourself- inform him what is happening and follow through.

Good luck. I hope he finds employment soon.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 7:28 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I feel you,Momma. My DH hasn't worked in over a year and I'm barely working as it is. I think it's very possible that both of our husbands are dealing with depression, and we do all we can to help, but maybe it's time to take it to the next level and ask for professional help for them. I pray daily for all the families that are struggling, and hope things turn around for all of us soon! Please know that I will be thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers.

((((((HUGS)))))
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:28 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Thank you all for your words of support!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:10 AM on Nov. 7, 2009