excersising and pregnant

Well I'm about a month pregnant and I am about 40 lbs over weight. I was in the process of intensely working out when I found out I was pregnant. What would be a good weight while I'm pregnant?

mrstalbert09

Asked by mrstalbert09 at 7:28 PM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I am overweight by at least that much. I was doing aerobic exercise and specifically focusing on my hips, thighs, and belly. I kept it up with the pregnancy as long as I could. I still do a little bit every day - maybe 10 minutes. I am due in 3 weeks and have gained about 5 pounds the entire pregnancy. I eat pretty healthy when pregnant and never get very hungry, so that is pretty normal for me. My doctor is pleased with the exercise and weight gain.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:31 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• How much you should gain depends on how overweight you are. The Mayo Clinic says even if you are obese you should gain 11 - 20 pounds.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/pregnancy-weight-gain/PR00111

Swimming is the best form of exercise while pregnant.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:32 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• that would depend on your body. but dont try to lose weight while pregnant. just keep with your regular exercise routine as long as you dont feel fatigued, drink plenty of fluids, and eat healthy. this will help maintain a healthy lifestyle for you and baby, and make it easier to achieve your desired weight post-partum.
    DRM0329

Answer by DRM0329 at 7:33 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Im overweight also. I lost 80 lbs when I found out I was pregnant! I stopped the heavy workouts and now I just walk. Im due early december and only gained 9 lbs
    Anonymous