How do I......

I met this wonderful new guy!! He is so sweet and caring, much different from any of the other guys I have dated. He treats me right and never is rude. He has 2 jobs so i dont have to worry about him wanting my money or anything. He gets along great with my son. But he is black. My family is still old fashioned and thinks whites should stick with white and black should stick with black. But I want them to except him because he makes me happy! At first I thought we could just be friends but I have fallen for him and when I am with him everything feels so right. I feel safe and I know he won't hurt me. So how do I introduce everybody with out making it weird and cause a fight?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:35 PM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• Its going to be hard. If there are no other problems it will be easier. If he has no children, police record, you are about the same age, he doesn't have a lot of tatoos or piercings, he acts educated, he dresses respectfully, ect. If all those things are ok and the only 'issue' is race I think it will be easier for your family. You should talk to them first and explain this to them. Would they rather you be with a nice black guy or the the typical available white guy?
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:42 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• He has one little girl but he is such a good dad to her. He doesnt have a record as far as I know, he is only a year and a half older than me. He dresses very nice. I have explained my family to him and why I havent intoduced them yet and he understands. He told me to take my time and when I am ready then we wil do it.
    Anonymous

• Omg... I just got upset! Forgive me..! Anyways do what you think is right they will get over it its your happiness not theirs if you want to please him then stop wasting his time so some other girl can get him... Don't worry! I dated a white boy before and he was very respectable romantic cute and stylish and packin! Ma, fuck them if they love you the will get over it! A good man is hard to come by.. No need to share all yall sob stories! My advice to you is a good man is hard to come by take it or leave it
    christinkie

Answer by christinkie at 10:46 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Good luck, ma! Get yours! And don't be like those white girls who date a black guy and start actin like they all ghetto in s***! Be you they will respect you and be jealous at the same time! Nothin like them dang haters! You go girl!
    christinkie

Answer by christinkie at 10:49 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Just do it, don't hesitate. The longer you wait and the more you make an issue out of it... the harder and it will be. I was in your situation before, and really regret how I handled the situation. It shows your man that you respect him just by introducing them... and if things don't go smoothly, at least you will have an opportunity to show him you will stand by him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:55 AM on Nov. 7, 2009