Family And new guy

How do I......
I met this wonderful new guy!! He is so sweet and caring, much different from any of the other guys I have dated. He treats me right and never is rude. He has 2 jobs so i dont have to worry about him wanting my money or anything. He gets along great with my son. But he is black. My family is still old fashioned and thinks whites should stick with white and black should stick with black. But I want them to except him because he makes me happy! At first I thought we could just be friends but I have fallen for him and when I am with him everything feels so right. I feel safe and I know he won't hurt me. So how do I introduce everybody with out making it weird and cause a fight?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:41 PM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i think your family will have to get over it and not judge a book by its cover and see him for HIM. I'm happy you are happy! and that's all your family should focus on too :)
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 7:56 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• My family is the same way, it is terrible of them I think but I guess they have a right to their own belief.
    I have no idea how you should handle it, but I wouldn't tell him if I didn't have too b/c then he will always feel akward and prob angry towards them. I would.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 7:58 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I sympathize with you b/c my father would have reacted horribly and possibly violently if I had brought home a black boyfriend. Horrible, I know, but that's how he and most of his side of the family are. I could never be open with him about my own beliefs about things, which is why we unfortunately don't even have a relationship anymore. If you think it would just be awkward, maybe consider telling your family the situation before you introduce him....that way they know what to expect and you can deal with their initial reaction on your own. Then you can decide what to do from there.
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 8:13 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Just throw them all together for Thanksgiving...it will be arkward...maybe an agrument but in the end I'm sure it will work out like all traditional Thanksgivings.GL
    Anonymous

• Yeah thats what i was thinking! I told my dad that I might be bringing home my BF for thanksgiving. And he was happy. He had talked to him on the phone and thinks he is a very nice person and loves the fact that he treats me right they just dont know that he is black and i am scared that will make the whole situation different.
    Anonymous

• Wonderful new guy. How long have you known him? Everybody is wonderful for the first few months. If he turns out to be like most men, regardless of color, your family will hold him as an example of how awful black men are.
    Anonymous

• Girl you have one life to live. Forget about how your family feel, and enjoy being with your man. Life is too short to worry about your family and how silly they act. The main point is, Do you love him? Do you like being with him? Forget about all the negative people and live your life with this new man. Girl you will go crazy trying to figure out who your family feel the way they do.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 9:19 PM on Nov. 6, 2009