can any one show me what rug burn looks like???

my daughter is crawling well she drags her legs like scoots and now she has like this bad rash on her knees and arms and i am wondering if it is rug burn and if i should take her to the dr for it or just put lotion on it what what todo.. thanks for your help

kirbysmommy

Asked by kirbysmommy at 7:42 PM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It likely is rug burn. She'll have it til she learns to walk, instead of lotion (it can burn!) I'd use a little bit of aquaphor or something every night before putting her to bed.
    Anonymous

• Rug burn look like the skin is rubbed off. It doesn't look like a rash. If it's a rash maybe she is allergic to the carpet cleaner? Rug burn you can treat with Burts Bees Rescue Ointment or Diaper Ointment. If it's an allergic rash then it should be treated with something for allergies. I'm not sure if you should use something without having a doctor look at it if you think it's allergies.

Put your baby in clothes that cover the knees and elbows to prevent future problems.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:50 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Sometimes they can look like hickeys. Depends how soon you notice too.
    Anonymous

• i agree with gail
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 11:30 PM on Nov. 6, 2009