My 2 year old talks to dead people

He came to tell me I needed to help the red man in his room that was a few weeks ago. Know he tells me when he see's people and asks me if I can see the man or boy.

Anyone else experience this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:18 PM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Is it just pretend? My son had a very active imagination at that age. One time he "fought a stranger in his room." It was very funny because he was actually fighting! lol
    Anonymous

• Children are more open. The haven't been jaded by life and disappointment yet. Is he frightened? Do you feel he is threatened? If not I would just tell him if he doesn't want to see them to tell them to go away. It is my belief children are very sensitive to spirits around us. You don't have to nurture the gift, but teach him he is in control.
    Anonymous

• (op) nope, he is not scared at all he really wanted me to help the red man which got me to thinking maybe he thought this person was hurt.
    Anonymous

• yes my son See's "dead ppl" too. it seems as though your child might be a Medium. What you can tell him, is that they wont and cant hurt him that's the TRUTH. You might suggesting that he can say to them, that he cant help them/him/her and they need to leave him alone. Your not the only one, who has a what i would refer to as "gifted" child. Some loose this and others grow up to been teens who still see "dead ppl". There is nothing wrong with it. you have a choice you can listen and "play along" or you can react negative and freak out, that could only scare him. .hope this helps, there are many sites online, that can help you with this better.

EarthHippy

Answer by EarthHippy at 8:30 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• well i dont know if this will "cure" him from seeing dead people but it will get any bad energy off of him. if you are christian and you know how to pray and you must beleive too. send me a message and i will tell you how to do it.
    rosepetalluv

Answer by rosepetalluv at 8:41 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• what makes you think they are dead people, and not fake living people?
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 8:41 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• (OP) I could understand if they were made-up friends who he placed with, but this is not the case her. Why would he make up Men, also a very dear friend of the family died when she was 16. I babysat her since she was a baby she ended up having a brain tumor my son never met her and a few days after she died he was talking to someone in his room. I asked him who he was talking to and he said this girls name. This is why I don't think they are made-up people
    Anonymous

• my girls talk to their Grandpa.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 9:26 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I believe children are the only ones with truly pure open minds, and are able to communicate with people in the afterlife. I would just try to talk to him about it and get as much info as possible on it. Ask him how you could help. Perhaps that will give insight into what's wrong with the man.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 9:37 PM on Nov. 6, 2009