Old Wives Tales?

what are some old wives tales u know? witch ones are true and witch ones arent?

angelairelan

Asked by angelairelan at 8:27 PM on Nov. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• I have a theory that old wives tales, while probably never true for everyone, tend to be true for certain people, and possibly in certain families. One that has been true for me, two children in, is that 20 weeks after you first feel the baby move will be when the baby is born. My first son I felt at 16 weeks, and he was born at 36 weeks, my second son I felt at 14 weeks and he was born at 34 weeks.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 8:31 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Which ones are true? I think none, that is why it's call Old wives' tale.
    Anonymous

• The one I heard the most when pregnant was that my heartburn meant that my DS would have a head full of hair, he was bald until he was 2. I had no heartburn with #2 and was told he'd be bald, he had hair. Not lots, but he had some! lol One I believe: The person you dislike or aggravates you the most during pregnancy is who your baby will be like when they grow up. I find this to be true. My DH drove me insane with #1, and he's just like him! lol But I agree with the first post, I think some tales are true for some families. Nothing is always 100%. :o)

Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 8:46 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• The heartburn tale has been proven true. The hair causes heartburn. Although people that arent pregnant get it too so if you are pregnant doesnt mean that thats why you have it
    Anonymous

• I wouldnt bet money on the heart burn one being true, I had heart burn and had all bald babies, I am sure some moms had heart burn and had babies with lots of hair but I wouldnt call that proof its true.

Anonymous

• People forget that if it isn't true for them, it could still be true for 99% of the rest of the population!
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 9:25 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• sweep while pregnant and the cord will wrap around baby's neck .

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 9:32 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I had heartburn and had a BALD baby, she is 5 months and just now getting hair! Poor thing! :(
    momtopreemie521

Answer by momtopreemie521 at 10:11 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I've heard too many to count about pregnancy and breastfeeding. IDK where people come up with this stuff. Carrying high or low doesn't determine sex. Drinking cow milk doesn't increase human milk production. The list goes on and on.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 11:44 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• i herd when baby has his nights and days mixred up,,lightly flip them them
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:41 AM on Nov. 7, 2009