BE HONEST! Do you have to tell your kids to do something more than once?

How do you react when they don't listen to you the first time?

My daughter is only 10 months old. When I tell her something, she just looks at me and laughs. LOL!

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 8:43 PM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I do. If they don't listen after the first time, I count to three and they get their punishment if they don't do what I ask. I usually get to 2 and they take off to do what I asked. Funny sometimes actually.

Anonymous

• Funny, that's the kind of reaction you will get when she gets older too LOL.. no just kidding

For the most part, I only have to tell them once. If I don't get their attention first they usually don't hear me so I have to get their attention then tell them what they need to do.. Now that is for the most part but not 100% of the time..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:52 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• OMG have to tell her a million times....yell a million times. then other times i just ask once and its done just like that
    Anonymous

• OMG it's like this past month and a half i've been saying things over and over and over. i also say "i'm not going to say it again" over and over again...and i hate myself when i catch myself doing it. this week though it's really been pissing me off. after what seems like a million times of saying something, i scream it " I SAID PUT THE FREAKIN TOYS IN THE TOYBOX NOW, OR YOU'RE GOING TO GET A BUTTWHOOPING!!!" (that one was today)

at first, counting did it. i'd get to 2 and he'd run and do whatever. it's like he's getting more stubborn by the day. just like his DAD. lol
    Anonymous

• yup....

ask once, wait, ask twice....start counting.

by 2 they're all scrambling to do what I asked.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 9:14 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• usually i dont have to, but obviously sometimes i do. but for the most part its because she just didnt hear me..and i dont do the counting thing, i personally cant stand that!! when i tell my daughter to do something, i want it done now..not in 3 or 5 seconds, i shouldnt have to let her wait til the last second til she decided to start whatever i ask her to do..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 9:30 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• You always have to tell them more than once. It's just how it is.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 9:34 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Of course :) Repitition is everything. lol
    shestolemyjello

Answer by shestolemyjello at 10:03 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• First, your daughter is a BABY!!! She isn't going to listen very well. Give her a break. I have a 13 yr old son, so I am always repeating myself.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:11 PM on Nov. 6, 2009