Hating life right now

My life's so screwed up right now. Afew mos ago my husband hurt our baby, so I moved back home. Well his fam thinks the sun shines out his ass and that he didn't do it, his mom says I can't take care of myself and should've stayed where I lived. Now my mom and dad who I live with are giving me a hard time, saying that if I leave him I can't ever financially support my kids. It was a mutual agreement when we got married that I'd be a SAHM. I haven't gotten a job because I got pregnant before he hurt the baby. So now I'm stuck living with parents who think I'll never amount to anything and I feel like I should go back to the apartment because he won't be in it and that way my kids and I won't be a burden on anyone with my problems. We're still married cuz he's army and that way my kids and I will get benefits. He's not in jail yet-charges are pending. What would you do??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:00 PM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• I'm sorry you're having a hard time right now. Please do not go back, though. Maybe if you file for divorce, you can get some financial support from him ordered by a judge. In the mean time, you might have to go on PA temporarily, while you get yourself together. Maybe your parents can babysit while you go to school, or get a job. Daycare might be a good idea too. Whatever happens, do not go back. If he hurt the child, he'll do it again, and YOU can get in trouble for not protecting her. CM has a list of resources that might help you.

http://www.cafemom.com/about/resources.php
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 9:33 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• You've got to put your kids first, even before yourself. Unless the injury was an accident, you can't keep them in that environment. I know it's so tough to be a single parent, but you can do it. You will have to figure out how you will support the kids and keep to your guns.

i would leave and divorce my husband faster than he could blink if he hurt my kids. In my case though, I would have to try to keep my dad from killing him instead of fight about staying away from him.

Hope things get better.
    heatheryn

Answer by heatheryn at 9:06 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I'd get a job. Anything to help out. And tell everyone to blow it out their asses, because you are doing what you ahve to to protect your children. You HAVE to stay away from an abuser or your kids WILL get hurt. Stay away, and do the best you can.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 9:07 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• If you do go back and something happens again, you can charged for not protecting your children. Do what is best for your kids, no matter what anyone else says. First and foremost, you have to protect your kids. Your going to have to get a job, become a working mom instead of your plan of being a SAHM. It isn't easy....but lots of moms do it on their own, and you can too.
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 9:15 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Do not go back!!! Your parents are wrong you will be fine, there is government help out there for women like you.
    Your kids safety must come first. As their mother you have to protect your babies.
    . Good Luck
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 9:56 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• You would never forgive yourself if you went back to him and he hurt your baby again. You proved that you are strong when you chose to protect your baby at all cost and left your husband. That alone proves that you are stronger then you think.
    iwannababygirl

Answer by iwannababygirl at 11:54 PM on Nov. 6, 2009