For the young married moms out there..

Do you ever worry something will happen with your marriage and you will end up 40 and single?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:09 PM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• i've only been married for 9 mos. and i already worry about something happening. things aren't going as good as they probably should be. so i worry about being in my 20's and single with a child to take care of on my own. or losing my baby to my hubby if we ever do separate.
    Anonymous

• haha no because if something is going to happen its not gonna be when i'm 40 it would be sooner.. and if its not working out or if you know that it will never workout i'm not going to to stay in the relationship and be old and waste my life!

first of all you have to marry the right person and know all the good things and bad things about him before you get married.. and then you have to accept them!! but to have a great marriage it's hard work... and constant work to keep the sparks going...
    mellyhayes

Answer by mellyhayes at 9:18 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Sometimes I do. It's not that I think our marriage can't last, it's just an irrational worry. I think about "OMG, who would want me, 40, with kids, divorced and with all that emotional baggage?" Not to mention that at 40, your looks are usually starting to fade into a more mature set. Don't get me wrong, women of all ages are beautiful, but men are looking for someone they can have children with, and most women at the age of 40 something are looking forward to becomming grandmothers in the next 15 years, you know? I know women who have found love at all ages, but I don't think I would be able to attract a man again, even now. I only caught my husband because we met online and not in person lol. I'm socially awkward and have no way with men lol.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 9:19 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• of course. my husband is 14 years older than me though and i am always thinking what if he dies when im like 45 and noone else would even want me then.....but i love him so i will have to roll with whatever happens,.
    Anonymous

• I was married at 20, and yep.

11 almost 12 years later I still have that niggling feeling every now and then.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 9:25 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I married at 19 and have been married 7 yrs and I still get that worry- I think everyone does whatever the age :)
    Jezture

Answer by Jezture at 9:37 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I suppose I get that fear every now and then. but not because I don't think we'll "work out" but more or less of losing him to death...I fear that so much...scares me out of my wits.

we have our disagreements but I know that in the end, we're both willing to do what it takes to keep our marriage happy and strong---we take our vows VERY seriously. our marriage is the foundation of our life together! and we cherish it!
    I know you can't always "predict life" and what it may throw your way....but I tend to look into my future with a positive outlook...why live my life thinking something "may" happen? that's no way to live for the future. it's not being naieve, it's having faith in my marriage and our love for eachother.
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 9:42 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• We got married at 23 and 24 and I honestly I don't worry about that.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 10:19 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I was 18 when I got married and my husband was 19. Divorce was something that was pretty common in my family and yes, I did worry for a time. But, it was for nothing. We have been married for 24 years and neither of us is going anywhere. I am, btw, the second person in my family to be married this long to the first person I married (the first being my mom's brother). My grandmother (dad's mom) and her husband have been married for 34 years but this is both of theirs 2nd marriage and my uncle (dad's brother) and his wife have been married for over 30 years but this is my uncle's 2nd marriage. My family (dad's side) is always commenting about it, apparently I have broken the "divorce curse". LOL I am more worried about my hussband or I dying more than us divorcing. I want a long life (about 60-80 years would be nice) with him!
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 10:58 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• yea Ive been married for 7 months and sometimes it cross my mind, its usually when we are at odds with one another, I think its normal for everyone to have that feeling no matter how old or how long youve been married, my grandparents have been married for 42 years, and every other day my grandmother wants to leave my granddad, lol, and from what I hear its been like that for 42 years!!! lol
    kiyad22

Answer by kiyad22 at 7:33 AM on Nov. 7, 2009