You arent fully a woman until you have given birth... agree or disagree?

MarchMarie

Asked by MarchMarie at 9:23 PM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• False. If your born with a penis and no uterus then your not fully a woman.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 9:27 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Hmm... well, I would disagree. I think that there are some trials and tribulations that are just as difficult, and some girls DON'T become women after having a baby.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 9:27 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• My first instinct was to agree. There's a maturity that happens through that process, something that can't be replicated in other experiences. Its such a profound experience.

My next reaction was to disagree, because that would be the more politically correct thing to do and I don't want to slight anyone.

After examining both of my responces, and the question, I've decided I don't fully agree. I don't think that giving birth particularly makes the hugest difference. I think its motherhood. That said, I also don't think a man has fully experienced himself until he's a dad (notice I said dad, not father--- it requires more than providing DNA).
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 9:29 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Disagree.
    Anonymous

• disagree, giving birth does not make you a woman, Life experience and maturity make you a woman. Taking responsibility for yourself and your actions makes you a woman.

If anyone agrees that you have to give birth to be a woman then what about the adoptive moms out there or those who never have a chance to have a child but who give their hearts, their time, their all for others. Being a woman means so much more than giving birth.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 9:32 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• if ya have a vagina you're a woman.

pretty much ppl that agree with that are saying that moms who end up having c sections arent real woman either. or people who adopt. or woman who just cant conceive. and that's just wrong!!

besides, some woman don't want children. so how does that make them any less of a woman??
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 9:34 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• i completely disagree there are some women who can not give birth at all yet they are not any less then i am. i think it has more to do with how you get through the trials in life good and bad. the strength and compassion you show to others and your determination in doing the things you set out to do.

jen699

Answer by jen699 at 9:37 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Disagree. That's the stupidest thing I have ever heard.
    Anonymous

• Absolutely Disagree, giving birth does not make you fully a woman.
    Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 9:40 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I disagree. There are many women who can't have kids, but they are women nonetheless.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 9:43 PM on Nov. 6, 2009