I THINK ABOUT KILLING MYSELF ALOT LATELY

I DON'T KNOW WHY .I HAVE EVERYTHING, A NICE HOME, A LOVING HUSBAND,GREAT KIDS.A GREAT CAREER. I WORKED HARD AND AM PROUD OF MY FAMILY AND MY ACCOMPLISHMENTS.THEN ONE DAY IT CHANGED.I WAS IN A CAR ACCIDENT AND EVEN THO MY HUSBAND STANDS BY MY I AM UNABLE TO DO ANYTHING FOR MYSELF ANYMORE.I CAN'T TAKE THE DEPRESSION.I WENT ANDD FINALLY TOLD SOMEONE,MY DR HUSBAND WAS THERE,HES WATCHING ME LIKE CRAZY NOW.I HAVE AN APPT FOR DEPRESSION,BUT WHY WOULD SOMREONE WHO HAS MY LIFE BE SO UNHAPPY????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:32 PM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Health

• It sound like manic depression or bi-polar which I to suffer from. Don't kill your self it will solve nothing. Any one who rags this poster I am WARNING you I will bash you till the end I have seen a few of you do so to others. You can talk to me. Talking helps the best. Are you always like this. If you wish to PM you can. If I don't respond right away I'm multi tasking I promise I will asap. Please talk. let those of us who care help you the best we can.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 9:44 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• mental illness has nothing to do with a happy life..im sorry your feeling this way i dont have much advice but go talk to a psychiatrist or something maybe they can prescribe some meds..good luck
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 9:37 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Are your injuries permanent? Many people find that when they have a major, life changing event they feel very depressed for a while. But studies show that a year after teh event, most people feel as happy as they were before the event. They adapt to their new circumstances.

Give yourself time. Time to heal and time to adapt. There IS hope, you WILL feel better. And see a doctor. And if you start really feeling like you might hurt yourself, you need to go tot he ER.

Read the book "Hurry up and Meditate" by David Michie. It describes the happiness "set point" and how meditation can help you to move it to a happier place.

I hope you feel better soon, sweetie. You can PM me if you need to talk.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 9:40 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I'm sorry you feel so awful right now. From what you've posted, it seems that your accident is what caused all of this depression. It's totally understandable, but you do need to talk to someone more, and maybe take some medication. Losing something important to you is a hard thing to deal with, and having great things in your life doesn't always mean you will still be happy. I hope you do feel better soon, though. Perhaps hanging out with your kids more might cheer you up?
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 9:42 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I was in an accident almost 10 years ago and it changed everything for me. I went from going to school full time, a full time job and a great social life to moving back home so my mom could take care of me. She had to feed and even bathe me bc I could not do anything for myself. I fell into a deep depression. I got help and went on meds for a time. I slowly got better and was able to do more and more for myself. After a year I was off meds, back in school, back at work, with a new guy-that is DH now and I got my life back. I don't know if your injuries are permanent or not, but just know that others have been there and have gotten through it. You are getting help and that is the first step to getting your life back.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 9:56 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• MY ISSUES ARE PERMANENT,I CAN SHOWER MYSELF BUT THEN IM WEAK AND SOMEONE HAS TO SERIOUS NEED OF ANSWERS HERE,HOW HUMILIATING.PLEASE DON'T BASH ME,THIS IS NO JOKE!I'M IN SERIOUS DOWNWARD SPIRAL RIGHT NOW.SCARED TO SAY WHATS IN MY HEAD.I FEEL WEAKAND MAYBE A LITTLE SORRY FOR MYSELF.OMLY HUMAN.IM TRYING TO GET HELP. PLEASE AGAIN I BEG YOU THIS IS NO JOKE.I NEED ADVICE NOT MEANESS .THATS NOT WHY I AKED TO BE BEATEN DOWN ANYMORE TH I AM
    Anonymous

• DON'T GIVE UP!!!!

Stay strong!!! Seek medical help, therapy!!!

Sounds like your a good woman, and it is hard for any woman to have people helping them, but sometimes we need it and don't feel guilty. You were there for everyone, and now it's there turn to be there for you!!!
    Good Luck!!!
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:47 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Call a crisis hotline and talk to a counselor. I am so sorry that your life has been turned upside down, that is never an easy thing to deal with. There is nothing wrong in needing help when we are feeling down. It is great that you have a husband that is standing by you and getting you the help you need. Depression is nothing to fool around with. If you are feeling really out of control, go to the ER..they will be able to help you too. Make an appointment with a counselor, it will help. If needed, take the meds for depression..they really do help. All of a sudden, the sky will be bluer, the sun brighter, etc. I was there and my life wasn't as hard as yours. Everyone needs help once in a while, please take what is offered. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!! BE BRAVE! BE PROUD OF THE LITTLE THINGS YOU CAN DO!!! Try and find something enjoyable to do everyday. Even if it is watching a cartoon.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:04 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Ok first off, I totally understand why you are depressed, it often happens with people who have life changing injuries. And I know that you are thinking things will never get better. But guess what? They will. You may not get physically better, but you have people who care about you and I am betting you are not as much a burden to them as you are thinkign you are. I am betting they don't see it that way at all.

If you are feeling truly suicidal, here is a telephone number you need to have on hand at ALL times:
    Boys Town Suicide and Crisis Line: 800-448-3000 or 800-448-1833 (TDD)

They are there to talk to you , to provide you with crisis counseling and also to refer you to therapists in your local area. I would highly suggest seeing a therapist immediately. Do you also have panic attacks? I used to, so I know the anxiety can GREATLY add to depression. There are some very effective medications CONTINUED
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:07 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• on the market right now, ones that don't make you oblivious to the world around you, but rather that calm your anxiety and fears enough for your rational brain to take over and change the way you think. Also, a SSRI might be what you need, to up the serotonin (feel-good chemical) in your brain.

If you ever need someone to chat with, feel free to PM me, I'm on here off and on through out the day. I hope you get through this okay and find the help you need in order to learn to love life again.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:09 AM on Nov. 7, 2009