cheap wedding ideas?

Me and mySO want to tie the knot but we don't have that much money. any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:55 PM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• Court house.

Answer by louise2 at 9:57 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Buy your dress on sale, hire a justice of the peace, use fake flowers, make it a 'casual" wedding and have a potluck for the reception. Voila, a wedding for under a grand :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 9:58 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• ask friends if they know people- My husband knew people and had the photographer, the cake, the preacher, the place and all the wedding invites done for free thru friends of his family. He spent less than $200 dollars for the entire thing besides clothes, I bought my dress at Sears for $124 (Prom Season rocks!) and he made my bouquet.
    Jezture

Answer by Jezture at 10:01 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• you can have a great wedding to remember for next to nothing. My husband and I got married at a little wedding chapel. Its kind of like the justice of the piece but its a little chapel that is very much like a church it was $50. Then we had the reception at my moms house in the back yard and we made the food and got the cake made at kroger. it was simple, intimate and I will never forget it. The wedding chapels are everywhere, just look it up in your area. Youll be amazed how pretty they are
    desperateat48

Answer by desperateat48 at 10:43 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• BUY A CLEARANCE DRESS. Jazz it up your self.
    Ask someone who has a garden to buy flowers off them, and wrap them your self.
    Ask close friends and family the closer ones who don't judge, to help you with food-cooking that is.

As long as you too are together, that is all that matters!! God Bless, and Good Luck!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:01 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• A friend of mine went to the local university.  She found a photographer would would do her wedding for about 200 dollars so that she could have something to put in her portfolio.  You can also talk to your local vocational school, many run horticulural programs and might be able to handle the flowers.  Check your local state parks, many have very nice pavillions for rent with kitchen facilities. We rented one for our family reunion and while ours was small (we only needed it for 40 people) it was about 50 dollars for four hours. We could have had it for 8 hours if we wanted too.  Fancy round cakes can also be done at your local grocery store.  Invitations do not have to be fancy, they have do it yourself on the computer kits at Walmart, Staples, etc.

Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 11:59 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• i got my wedding dress at the salvation army for 20bucks and hubby and his son got there tuxes there to for 5bucks.we went to the court house only paid 6bucks to get married, family was there,it was nice.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:06 PM on Nov. 7, 2009