Bad back and belly pains...

I am about 9 weeks pregnant. a few times a day I am getting short but intense pains in my stomach, and my back hurts by the end of everyday. I know this is a silly question, but this is my 2nd pregnancy (my 1st ended in miscarriage at 10 weeks) so I am new to this... are these pains normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:22 PM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes I think they are i am 30 weeks and still have pains like that
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 10:36 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Yes those are normal pains; most likely due to ligaments stretching in your abdomen that haven't been stretched before. If the pain gets intense or turns to severe cramping call your doctor.
    RachaelRainer

Answer by RachaelRainer at 11:38 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I second rachael. It does sound like ligaments stretching, but if they start getting to the point of you considering taking tylenol for them I would talk with your doctor. I would also suggest finding a chiropractor. It will help alot as the pregnancy progresses.
    Congrats!
    RosePetalTears

Answer by RosePetalTears at 12:04 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• thanks for your answers! I feel a lot better now!
    MommyManheim

Answer by MommyManheim at 10:13 PM on Nov. 7, 2009