Ok, I got my blood tests back. Please let me know what you think. I am not asking for medical advice, just opinions. :)

I know you all are not doctors.

Cholesterol: 239
Triglyceride: 217
HDL: 37
Chol/HDL Ratio: 6.5
LDL@ 159
CO2 29
Glucose 114
ALT/SGPT 66 (THIS ONE CONCERNS ME)
TSH 20.894 (THIS ONE ALSO CONCERNS ME)
Well, they all concern me. I only typed in ones that were abnormal. But it seemed like a lot of things were close to above normal.
I am in A LOT OF PAIN. Abdomenal. ALL OVER MY ABDOMEN. Doctor says it is not simple liver issues and so ordered these. I am concerned for my heart as I have a lot of abdomenal swelling.
I am asking for your opinion only based upon your experiences and will not use any advice without consulting my doctor. :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:23 PM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Health

• Hmmm... I really REALLY hope you don't take this the wrong way... but by those numbers I would guess that you are moderately overweight. Which could be because of your low TSH count. I would ask for a full thyroid panel including T3 uptake.

Was that glucose a fasting glucose count or had you eaten?
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:29 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• You need to talk to your doctor. I would be concerned about ALL the results. Your cholesterol is high. You wanted opionions and that would be mine, CALL YOUR DOCTOR.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:59 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• My opinion is that your doctor should order a full thyroid panel to see if you have untreated hypothyroidism because left untreated it can cause heart problems. Then perhaps a 3 hour glucose test. Those are my opinions. Not advice.
    Anonymous

• I had a full panel thyroid test and tests for PCOS. All normal. I was just diagnosed with insulin resistence. Send me a message if you want to know all my details. I have high glucose in my system. Do you crave carbs and sweets?
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 11:41 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I had some gallbladder issues and my liver enzymes and cholesterol were elevated also. After ultrasound of my gallbladder, liver, pancreas, kidneys, and every other thing on the right side of my body came back normal, the doctor assumed I had biliary colic. Biliary colic is when you might have a very tiny gallstone blocking the path of bile to the liver, and it causes periods of intense abdominal pain, right beneath your rib cage on the right side. This can last 15 minutes to 4 hours on average. However, after my doctor put me on a low fat, low sodium, non dairy diet, my symptoms improved within a week, i lost 11 lbs the first week and continue to still lose 1-2 lbs a week just by the diet, and I feel so much better. My liver enzymes are returning to normal, and I am due to go have my cholesterol checked again. if you would like more information on the diet, let me know. Ask your dr about biliary colic.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:01 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I had my gall bladder out two years ago. I think this feels like a gall bladder attack, magnified. I would like info on that diet. I will pm you.
    I am obese. I do have hypothyroidism and I am on meds for it.
    Glucose is fasting, but I am not tooo worried about it. It could have been worse. I am most worried about the possibilities of liver and heart issues. THanks for your opinions. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Nov. 7, 2009