Does having a penis make you a man?

That woman question got me thinking about that story a while back about the first man to give birth. Which I still think was stupid since "he" was born a she and had a uterus already. Now I could see if a man actually had like a uterus transplant and got pregnant. Just something I was thinking about lol

crazymom21

Asked by crazymom21 at 10:40 PM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It was such a big deal when a "man" gave birth, but really it was a transgendered person who gave birth. When a man with no uterus gives birth I'll get excited, but in the meantime it's really biologically no different than any woman who undergoes fertility treatments and a c/s. He, biologically is a woman, he may physically look like a man, but as far as mother nature is concerned he is a woman. I don't care if he wants to live as a man, to physically become one, but don't then get pregnant and try to pass yourself off as a man like any other.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:07 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Boys have a penis.
    Anonymous

• Gender is actually a continuum. Most of us fall on one side or the other, but there is a lot of grey area.

So no, having a penis doesn't make you a man, necessarily.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:42 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Um, that's what my mommy taught me when I was about 5 or so, I guess. Isn't that how the Dr. determines if you are male or female.. penis or vagina? That's God's plan anyways....
    Anonymous

• Any thoughts on the first man to give birth part?
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 10:51 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• That's kind of funny actually. Pretty soon the Dr. will be saying, "Well, he's got a penis, but we can chop it off if you want a girl!" LOL!
    Anonymous

• I suppose it makes a man a man,.physically. It is the appropriate part. I don't know if I would say it is God's plan....it is the result of a sperm and an egg getting together and if the chromosomes line up in a certain way, it becomes either a man or a woman. That's how it goes.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 10:55 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• ON the outside maybe but if your not ignorant and read, you will learn that sometimes boys are born with a penis, but act like girls. It is just in them. I forgot the right terms plus it is late so:

Long Story short: NOW MORE PEOPLE TALK ABOUT IT MORE THEN EVER BEFORE "NO"

DON'T YOU LADIES WATCH LIFETIME, ALOT OF KIDS COMMIT SUCIDE BECAUSE PEOPLE DON'T EXCEPT WHO THEY ARE, THEY ARE NOT YOU, THEY DON' T HAVE TO LIVE WITH YOU, SO I SAY: DON'T WORRY, BE HAPPY!!!
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:56 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I think the Y chromosone makes you a man.
    Anonymous

• Yes. The "Y" Chromosome.
    But, what's the deal with the Lifetime show? I know there are hermaphrodites, transexuals, etc. and they have some serious problems because they are confused,etc. But...is that what happened with the guy who had a baby? Oh my..... I would rather not think about it. Arghh.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 11:00 PM on Nov. 6, 2009