What's your gift budget for your kids?

Also how many kids and how old?

Inle_Rabbit

Asked by Inle_Rabbit at 10:47 PM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Holidays

• 200 a piece for all 4 kids
    Anonymous

• It is what they deserve, not really a budget.

I have 4 ages 6,7, 10 and 13.

The younger ones are cheaper, but I don't spend to much.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:49 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• 200-300 per child.

We have two children ages 5 and 4.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 10:50 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• We only have the one so we don't really have a budget for what we spend on her it just depends on what we can afford it is usually around 2oo though
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 10:54 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• 4 kids, at Christmas they will be roughly 8, 6.5, 4.5, and 3. Our budget will depend how much money we have to shop with in the first place. I'm hoping to have enough to spend $50 per child, but I doubt I'll have enough. Last year my goal was $20 each, and they each got quite a bit (no dollar store junk either) for a little over that. I do make it all equal for them. They will all get something they want, something they need, something to wear, and something to read.
    Anonymous

• I spent a little less than 100 dollars on two children. 30 for my 2-year-old's birthday, 30 for his Christmas and 20 for my 4 month old's Christmas.
    Inle_Rabbit

Answer by Inle_Rabbit at 10:59 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Between me and my mom, we will spend an average of $300 per kid. Thats a bit more than I normally spend because we are buying the PS3 this year with an extra controller and a game or two along with the gifts and stocking stuffers they would normally get.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:06 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Oh sorry I forgot to add, I have 3 kids ages 12, 10, and 5. Not all will get the same amount spent on them, but they will all get a few things off their lists, and they will all have the same amount to open.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:07 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• each gets 500 ..plus extra for stocking stuffers...probably 30 extra * each * for that. i have 2. ages 3 & 1.

and then me and hubby spend like 200 each on each other.

and then a few hundred left for everyone else.
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 12:14 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I spend no more than $40 (usually less) on each of my 4 children for Chanukah. My sons are 17, 19, 21 and 23 and it's been the same budget for the past 23 years. We buy 8 gifts per child and all but the last gift is Chanukah related for the 2 still at home. For the 2 out on their own it's always a small menorah and starting next year that's what the younger 2 will get, too (it's what they get when they are out on their own). For the 2 at home, since they turned 13, it's always a DVD of a movie that we know they'll like to have. Hubby and I don't buy Chanukah gifts for each other and our children buy us (as a couple, not as individuals) gifts that are Chanukah themed for all 8 nights.

tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 1:42 AM on Nov. 7, 2009