On your wedding day during the cake cutting ...

did you feed your DH all nice and gentle? Or did you make a big mess and stuff the cake in his face? Did you discuss what you were going to do beforehand?

DH and i didn't talk about it before the wedding day so when the time came i wasn't sure if i was going to play nice or mean. Well, i was mean! lol. As we started to put the cake in each others mouths i begged him to be nice. And he was! :) But then i shoved it up his nose! lmao!!! ah. the memories. ...oh yea. he got me back.
luckily my dress walked away with no cake marks on it at all.

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 10:49 PM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• We were nice about it and had talked about it before. Apparently the tradition of feeding each other is to show how you will serve and help your spouse. We felt it would be disrespectful to shove it. But what it signified was important to us!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:13 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• We did it nicely
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 10:51 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• We said we'd do it nicely and then he shoved it in my face. Which would have been totally fine with me except I was VERY sick that day, and it made me cough, which hurt my bruised ribs. The whole day was a damned disaster. I want a do over lol.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:53 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Nice!!!!
    oliviahank

Answer by oliviahank at 10:53 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I think we cut the cake for the photographer and then my Aunt cut the rest and served it. It was so long ago I really don't remember any other details. But I know he didn't shove it in my face. Gross.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 10:57 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• We were nice... :) And I'm glad :)
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 11:02 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I would serve him with divorce papers if he smashed cake in my face. To me, that is just plain disrespectful and serves no purpose.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:07 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• We did it nice. We talked about it before hand. I agree that we felt it was disrepectful and not romantic in any way.
    Jguevara

Answer by Jguevara at 11:14 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Really tyfry...its supposed to be a fun yet loving day! My hubby and i are very much in love, and we slammed it in each others face...it just made the day that much more fun! Everyone to this day still talks about how much fun they had at our wedding, at the end i said to him...lets divorce tomorrow and do it all over again in a couple months! LOL thats how much fun we had! So we slammed it! we didnt really talk about it, other than the whole laughing while we had it in our hands saying "you better be nice, dont get it on my dress" then BAM up our noses it went! We laughed so hard and then had a BIG kiss, becuase i got him better than he got me (i stiff armed him! LOL) so when we kissed he made sure to make my face a mess! No disrespect, just plain wedding fun! my friends pretended to be nice and then ducked and got thier parents! LOL they had them stand behind them for a "picture" it was so funny!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 11:23 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• We were fake mean - a little frosting on the nose, but no squishing.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:49 PM on Nov. 6, 2009