How do you trust again?

What helped you to trust again after losing the trust of someone you love. What helped you? did you still even believe them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 PM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• Love usually conquers all, but it depends on what kind of trust. NO matter what I could not forgive my X for cheating, Why?? I forgave him too many times.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:13 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• To get trust back:
    they have to give it, prove it, that is the only way you will feel it.

If they don't prove their trust will never forgive them.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:14 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• It takes time. My husband did something to lose my trust completly and I found it very hard to trust him again and I dont think I still fully trust him because I sometimes find myself looking through his phone but he hasn't done anything since for me to question his actions. I think it starts with a open line of communication
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 11:14 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I am going to say it depends on what they did? but if you you do forgive them let it go or it will tear you down when you trying to move forward in life.

Anonymous

• I think it depends on what they did to loose that trust and what they are doing afterwards.
    My dh recently did some stupid things that made me loose alot of trust in him. He thinks that because he told me about it that I should forgive and forget and that I should believe everything he says and not question what he doesn't say. I don't trust him with alot of things yet. I'm not sure I ever will because he hasn't changed anything at all.
    RosePetalTears

Answer by RosePetalTears at 11:48 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Nope
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• First of all, they have to take responsibility for whatever they did, that means I'm Sorry followed by absolutely NO excuses. It really helps if they make the effort to earn your trust, but it is important that they respect the fact that you can't pretend nothing has happened. The last, and most healing thing, is time. Trust is earned, and it take a lot of time to earn it a second time.

It is possible, but only if the person is truly sorry and deserving of your trust.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:26 AM on Nov. 7, 2009