Should I turn her over?

Ok so you're not suppose to put a baby down to sleep on her stomach.... Well my 7mo dd rolled over in her sleep and is now sleeping on her stomach (even though I put her down on her back). Should I roll her over while she's sleeping or just let her sleep like that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 PM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Once they can roll themselves over it's perfectly fine to leave them =)
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 11:15 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Two of my three children were (and still are) stomach sleepers - it took me seven months to accept the fact the my son just would not sleep if not on his stomach. I went out and bought a motion sensor monitor (AngelCare was the name of it - I think). It is designed to alert you if there is absolutely no motion (even from just breathing) detected for a certain amount of time. I did not sleep very well even with that but it helped me a little. By my third child (my second stomach sleeper) I didn't even bother to try to fight it - just bought another one of those monitors and called it a day. Hope this helps - good luck!
    momofthreekjs

Answer by momofthreekjs at 11:20 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I don't believe that once they can roll themselves over it is fine - mine could roll over in only one direction and there have been many fewer infant crib deaths since the back to sleep campaign was started which is why I stressed so much about the fact that two of my kids would only sleep on their stomachs. I just really recommend the AngelCare monitor.
    momofthreekjs

Answer by momofthreekjs at 11:23 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• if she can raise her head i say she's fine, 7 mo old is old enough my boys stomach slept at around 4-5mo
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 11:24 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• leave her!! If she can roll over then she can roll back over. Or atleast turn her head!
    momtopreemie521

Answer by momtopreemie521 at 11:29 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• You can't keep waking up all night to roll the child back over. Once they learn to do it on their own, its fine to leave them sleep in what ever position they prefer.
    MSugarKane

Answer by MSugarKane at 7:32 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Once they can roll over on their own without trouble, lift their head and manuever it without trouble then it is okay to let them sleep on their stomach. If you're comfortable with it and she doesn't show any signs of having trouble with it, then it's okay to let her sleep that way.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:02 PM on Nov. 7, 2009