Do you enjoy being a mom?

I love being a mom. I love everything about it but i found out that my Brother In Laws girlfriend hates being a mom. He's 4 months old and she tell him to shut the f**k up and screams at him. She was going to get an abortion but my BIL talked her out if it (its not his baby). She looks so happy with him when she visits but its totally different when shes at home. He says shes a horrible mother. I just wanted to know if other people have these ill feelings toward there babies or if theres something wrong with her.

drs1206

Asked by drs1206 at 11:32 PM on Nov. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• I love being a mom, sometimes it is hard, fustrating, but I would not trade being a mom for anything. I LOVE ALL FOUR OF MY BABIES!!!!

Someone needs to say something, before she hurts the baby. :(
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:34 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Shes 19 and still goes to highschool and lives with her parents so I feel her parents should intervene.
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 11:37 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• LOVE LOVE LOVE it! i couldnt ask for a better job. Even the hard days are great. it is the greatest feeling in the world. I feel bad for that poor baby :( now i have screamed to be quite before, but it was a night that she would not let me put her down and i was on NO sleep, she was 2 weeks old and my hubby worked 3 shift. it wasnt really a scream...more like a loud "come on, just be quiet!" but i would never trade any of it. My sister tried having a baby for 3 years and ended up with a hysto, so she says my dd is the baby she never had and always wants her, but i try to tell her..i actually wanted her, unlike some people. so its hard for me to give her up even for a day! when i need a break 30mins by myself is good enough! She is my world!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 11:37 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I love being a mom. Can't say the same about being a "housewife" though. LOL Offer lots of babysitting, observe, and log. She's bound to screw up, you'll notice, you'll log it, social services will handle it. You can want people to intervene but it doesn't mean it'll happen. So do what you can.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 11:40 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• it might be her age. i know someone that had a baby that young too and was not patient at all, then at around 29yo had another baby and she is the total opposite with both of her kids, now she's a great mom. Im not saying that all young moms are like that but i think her age and her being in hs might have something to do with it. she prob. resents the baby.
    Anonymous

• I was 18 when I had my son and I've never been like that. I get frustrated with him now because he's a toddler and is starting not to listen, but I've always loved him and treated him right. Maybe your brother in law should get custody after he adopts him.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 12:02 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• To be a good mom ...you first need to be a mature mom.....not old...just willing to let go of your past life to cope with crying and diapers

because you gave birth and seeing the baby you give birth too does not mean you will have a cupcake life with that baby......In this day in age....it should be required to have classes to take home the baby....Seriously
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I love being a mother but its not the easiest thing in the world. I recognize, in myself, weaknesses that I work on and realize its a struggle to stay a good mom.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:16 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• sounds like she wasn't ready for it... i'll admit its hard sometimes espcially when my LO is crying and I cant make it stop, but I havent ever gotten mad about it... mostly i get upset because i feel like a bad mother because i cant fix what is wrong or i take too long to fix it... it is frustrating but i love being a mommy ;D
    TrystansMom314

Answer by TrystansMom314 at 3:43 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• yes, being a mom is a beautiful thing ,I think. I love spending time with my kids. It is hard work , and they are a big responsibility, but thats life. One's got to do what one's got to do. But I do enjoy them. And wouldn't have it any other way. But don't get me wrong there are times when I feel I need to get away from them for a while , I do, I have a great time , but, I do miss them alot. And when I get home Im glad to see them all over again.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 9:26 AM on Nov. 7, 2009