Who else thinks this is rude of your DH or SO to do?

I in general hate when someone CALLS ME to talk then when we are talking they tell me to hold on a minute so they can talk to someone else! My husband done that to me for the first time tonight and it made me so made. Part because I think when you call someone you should talk to them and not ask them to hold on a mintue so you can talk to someone else. They called YOU! whats the point of calling them if your not going to talk to them. Also the other part was because the person he was talking to was another driver from work is happens to be a girl. Now tell me if I'm wrong but its just plain rude to do what I have said in the first place, but when its your spouse and you tell them to wait a min. to talk to the other sex. Its just FUKed up! I got made and hung up. Was I in the wrong? or did I have every right to be upset?

soonmommyof3

Asked by soonmommyof3 at 11:46 PM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• I think it's rude. and I would have said something over the phone like "oh so you call me but decide to talk to ________ (call her what you want), call me back when your done drooling over co-workers" then you would have had his attention immediately again. I don't care if my hubby talks to other females, but when they're more important than me it's time for them to go, in your case it's time for you to tell him what's up and how you feel about this situation (since he works with her)

I'm not gonna lie, I'm a jealous person and I do get openly hostile (hostile in just words and attitude- i don't fight) towards SOME of my hubbies female contacts- but I also assess the situation before i act- I hate to be irrational. but honestly, my husbands the same way when it comes to my guys friends.
    Hali_Taylor

Answer by Hali_Taylor at 4:38 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I like to add, the when he was talking to this other person... It was in is flirty way of talking and speaking. I know it well, cuz he does it all the time to me.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 11:48 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Depends who he's being beeped by. On occasion he'll call from work and have to take a work related call, and yes sometimes it's women, but I trust my hubby and don't get bent out of shape when he talks to another woman. As for others, it depend who called me, why they called and why they're being beeped.

Oops, just realized what you meant, but it still holds true. I think it's just as rude of the other person to interrupt a phone call. I mean if I walk up to someone and need to talk to them, I'll wait until they finish their call, unless of course it is urgent.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 11:59 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I agree that is rude to do, but he was the one that started to convo with her. He had just called me too! arrgh... just so annoying. To me it feels like I was not as important to talk to as her at that moment. Or as interesting.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 12:04 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• No, I wouldn't have been mad considering what was going on at the time. My Dh calls me from work sometimes and he's a manager so there is no "break" time for him. So a lot of the time he calls me, an employee will talk to him. Its not his fault and I understand that his job takes priority. As far as him being flirty. Sorry there is just no way you could "know" because you couldn't hear him. You also pointed out that he speaks that way to you. Which would mean you are still special to him. Why is that when men are being "charming" women think they are flirting? So he's supposed to be an impersonal jerk anytime someone of the opposite sex speaks to him?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• ok, let me clarify. I was on the phone with him I could hear everything. He was outside getting ready to go on a run, she was coming back from one. Yes, they where on the clock... but at that time they weren't technically working and they weren't talking about work! Second the only time he talks in his flirty was is if he finds someone attractive. Its find that he does, but I do not want to know about it or hear it. He I know for a fact would not like it if i flirted in front of him, or he heard me flirting.

No, I wouldn't have been mad considering what was going on at the time. My Dh calls me from work sometimes and he's a manager so there is no "break" time for him. So a lot of the time he calls me, an employee will talk to him. Its not his fault and I understand that his job takes priority.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 12:10 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• No. Just about everyone I talk to is a very busy person and it's really not unusual for them to have to talk to someone else while we are talking. It doesn't bother me. I am very patient. My husband and I talk often throughout the day and he's delivering mail while we talk. When he's talking to a customer I wait. It's okay. I really wouldn't and don't care if he's talking to a female. I have been his wife for 24 years, I don't get jealous.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Oh and I like to add that there is a huge different between flirty and being nice.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 12:15 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• sure, i am patient when its important or if its really worked related. but if its just for fun its kinda like, what was your point of calling me! Also I am sure if you saw or heard your husband flirty you would get jealous, but you would probably keep it to yourself.

No. Just about everyone I talk to is a very busy person and it's really not unusual for them to have to talk to someone else while we are talking. It doesn't bother me. I am very patient. My husband and I talk often throughout the day and he's delivering mail while we talk. When he's talking to a customer I wait. It's okay. I really wouldn't and don't care if he's talking to a female. I have been his wife for 24 years, I don't get jealous

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 12:17 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

Nah, it wouldn't bother me if he stopped to talk to someone for a fun convo while we were on the phone. It actually happens when he's leaving work and friends stop him. He talks to them and I just ignore the conversation.

Also, honestly, my husband wouldn't know how to be flirty with anyone but me if someone handed him a book with directions. LOL He's clueless when females flirt with him which they often do when I am right there. I don't even care. He's a cute guy and if females 1/2 his age want to flirt with him that's fine with me. He's mine. He never even notices. I will tell him and he'll look at me like I have lost my mind. He's clueless.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Nov. 7, 2009