Trampoline for a 4 year old for christmas too much?

My soon to be 4 year old is SUPER athletic...like does flips in the air when jumping on the couch, forward and backward flips. He has TONS of energy and I think a trampoline would be a perfect gift. Somebody had made a comment about it being too much. That he should get a smal trampoline and a bunch of other gifts...What do you think? What would you do?

rachelmm007

Asked by rachelmm007 at 12:01 AM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Holidays

• I would recommend the one with the nets around it since he is so young, other than that it is your son so get him what you want. He sound to young but if you think he will like it than why not my three year old nephew loved theirs
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 12:03 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• My daughter and my neice played on the trampoline at my mom's house when they were 3 and 4 years old, and they absolutely loved it. Get the enclosed one for sure though.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:12 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• MY sister has had one since she was 3 and my friend got her son one at 5 so no I think 4 is just fine
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:54 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• yes enclosures will be purchased with it for my little dare devil! lol
    rachelmm007

Answer by rachelmm007 at 10:39 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Too much? WHy in the world would a trampoline be too much? They are not THAT pricey. Get what you want for your child.
    YuppyMom

Answer by YuppyMom at 7:40 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• No but the ER bill will be!!! I strongly advise against trampolines for children. Enclosures are not a fail proof plan. When I was little my sister and I both ended up with concussions knocking our heads together inside of one! Last year I also told my cousin not to buy her 9 and 4 year olds one for Christmas and she didn't listen. Literally the next day her son was in the ER getting major surgery on his broken arm. They had an enclosure and he was in it alone jumping when he fell down hard on his arm and it snapped. It took a really long time to heal and now its hard for him to write his name now that he is learning. I'd think of a different safer gift. Google ER incidents caused by trampolines.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• yes way too much in my brain. your going to ruin her for life by spoiling her! stop! in the name of love before you go spoiling her. she is way way way tooo young for a trampoline.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• According to trampoline manufacture guidelines, which do encourage kids under 6 playing on trampoline. Anyway no matter how older your kids are, supervise are essential, and there are lots of safety issue like only one playing rule, for details http://www.lifespantrampolines.com.au/Trampoline-faq.html
    Geeknight

Answer by Geeknight at 1:31 AM on Nov. 19, 2009