Advice please

We started ttc in June then in aug. I found out I had a huge cyst on my right ovary, at first they wanted to do a full hyst but after many test the Dr. decided he only needed to remove the ovary and tube, so now I only have one ovary and tube and want to begin ttc again. anyone been through this?

mommy2tu

Asked by mommy2tu at 12:02 AM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• My SIL lost an ovary due to a cyst. Most people will ovulate every month from the remaining side. I had the same issue multiple times but they were always able to save my ovary. It was always my left side. My baby has implanted on the right side. I don't know if I ovulate from both sides, but I did get pregnant on my first try.

Track your periods, learn how to estimate your ovulation. You can do it.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:11 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• YES, only i was 13 when it happened. and the cyst ruptured. distroying my right ovary and my bladder. . . and currently to this day i have 2 alive children and one on the way! it makes things more difficult but as i can tell from true life it doesnt hinder you. wait till the DR says its safe and go for it!
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 9:48 PM on Nov. 7, 2009