Bike for an almost 4 year old

My son will be four in january and the only thing he has asked for for christmas is a bike. He knows how to ride one (is acutally pretty good at it) with training wheels, and seems willing to wear the helmet. I want to get him one, but MIL and my mom say he is too young, I really don't think so.....how about you?

phantomphan

Asked by phantomphan at 12:28 AM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• No he's not too young. My son was riding without training wheels when he was 3. You just have to take the time to teach them, and make sure they are ALWAYS wearing the helmet (and knee pads are a good thing too!)
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:39 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• if he's already pretty good at riding a bike then why would anyone think he's too young to have his own? lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:21 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Of course he isn't too young. My kids got their first bikes before they were 2 (my mom is a cyclist). If he is riding well, go ahead and get a bike.
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 9:46 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• that's what I think too....but when in the world did a basic bike for a little kid cost 60 bucks?????
    phantomphan

Answer by phantomphan at 12:29 AM on Nov. 8, 2009