My son is 7 months old... Is it a temper tantrum?

Being a parent is still fairly new for my husband and I and we aren't sure what this "new thing" is that he is doing. I thought at 7 months that it was too early for a temper tantrum but is this the time frame that it starts? How do we stop a temper tantrum (if that's what it is) from getting worse?

alysiah83

Asked by alysiah83 at 12:42 AM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• hmmm 7 months old.. i doubt it's a temper trantrum. but who knows.LOL describe what he's doing
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 12:44 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• LOL no. The fact that you are asking IF proves my point. Trust me you WILL KNOW when he has a temper tantrum there will be no need to ask.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• my daughter is 7 1/2 mos (born march 23rd) and sometimes i feel like she does have a temper. the thing i have read in many baby development books is that now is the time when babies start to test the limits, get a feel for their parent's reactions (good and bad) to what they do, and are very aware how to get what they want (i.e cry, scream). try starting to use the word "no". i only use it when my daughter pulls my hair, and she knows my stern NO means to stop.
    Bernie19

Answer by Bernie19 at 1:37 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• My daughter is 5 months old, and yes it is possible that your LO is throwing a tantrum. When my daughter is pissed (not getting your attention, sitting in one toy to long, not on my lap while on the computer - we just dealt with that one as I type) she will start arching her back and then start screaming.The minute you give her what she's wanting, she's as happy and content as she could be.
    SlapHappi

Answer by SlapHappi at 11:13 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• My 9 month old DS has been having tantrums since about that age. He scream and throws his self back not enough to fall but almost and he turns bright red. The only thing that I have been doing is what I've read in my development books just redirect their attention to something else, seems to work but he still has one occasionally and I usually try to redirect him before it actually gets to that point. GL
    Anonymous