colored boogers when i blow my nose...

so i just got over a cold..but in just one side of my nostril my left one mostly i have to blow my nose so i do..and its yellow...now its more brownish..uhh what the heck is wrong? is that normal or what...i never had that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Health

• Could be old blood from the infection. If it doesn't go away in a day or two see a doc.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:50 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• whats the blood from tho lol...i wasnt bleeding
    vanessa23408

Answer by vanessa23408 at 12:51 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• the blood would be from little capillaries bursting when you blow your nose. You know how you feel the pressure building up and that tugging feeling in your sinus? When you have an infection, that could easily cause a couple little capillaries to rupture and bleed a little. Not enough to gush out your nostril, but enough to tinge the mucus still in your sinus, you know?
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:53 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• oooOoh okay..well i hope that what it is..i never had these colored boogers..so its kinda odd for me..but thanks for the info.
    vanessa23408

Answer by vanessa23408 at 12:56 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I think its probably dried blood as well. When I used to decorate cakes we used an air brush machine and sometimes when I blew my nose after work I would have rainbow boogers. It was really funny! lol
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 5:26 AM on Nov. 7, 2009