What is your opinion on Muslims?

Do you fear or feel uneasy when it comes to people who are Muslim?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• NO i feel about them as I do christians or catholics.... People are nuts and do stupid things regaurdless of their religion
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 12:50 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Nope. Not at all. I am Jewish and I have Muslim friends.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 12:56 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• No. I have no ill will towards the Islamic religion at all, I actually find it fascinating. Every single Muslim person I've ever met was a gracious, kind, respectable individual. I have no reason to dislike them. I'm proud to say that I can differentiate between a couple of stupid ass terrorists and the rest of a religious group.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:15 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I think it is scarey to know that so many Muslims kill in the name of their religion. There are so many of them that kill in the name of their religion! Why are we afraid we will insult someone or hurt someone's feelings if we speak the truth?! THERE ARE SO MANY MUSLIMS WHO KILL IN THE NAME OF THEIR RELIGION!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Why would you even post this question? Got people to think didn't it? I don't care what religion you are. If I were of childbearing age and was going to have children I would think twice because my children could go to a foriegn country, as a woman I would have no rights to them. If I married and went to a foreign country my husband could block my entry and I could never come back to the states. There are custody battles all over the world, but as a woman if you or your children land in an islamic country you are sunk. I know of an incident where twins were trapped in another country, the mother, American was kicked out, and the guys second wife is now raising them. the Muslims I know here have been nice to me. Muslims are not terrorists and should be treated with more respect. I would not marry a Muslim with a foot in another country and have children with because I could lose them forever.
    SEEKEROFSHELLS

Answer by SEEKEROFSHELLS at 1:47 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I don't have a problem with Muslims. I have a problem with the bastardization of their faith that some have done with terrorist and repressive acts. Just as I don't have a problem with Mormons, but I have a problem with the ones who still have multiple, often very young, bullied into it wives. I don't have a problem with Christians, except the ones who have also bastardized their faith by saying that the man is so much the head of the house that he has the right to hit and otherwise discipline his wife, etc.

There are many good people in the world, from all walks of life, just as there are many bad people, again from all walks of life. For example, my dh met some very nice people (Muslim) while he was in Iraq, there are also people from the US (not Muslim) that are horrible.

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 2:16 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• cont

Now, that isn't to say that we shouldn't be aware of the inequities that go on in many countries, using faith as an excuse for it, and take precautions against them.
    sailorwifenmom

• : sailorwifenmom
    I don't have a problem with Muslims. I have a problem with the bastardization of their faith that some have done with terrorist and repressive acts. Just as I don't have a problem with Mormons, but I have a problem with the ones who still have multiple, often very young, bullied into it wives. I don't have a problem with Christians, except the ones who have also bastardized their faith by saying that the man is so much the head of the house that he has the right to hit and otherwise discipline his wife, etc.

Oh stop it! Christians don't say a man can spank his wife!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:21 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I think it's rather ignorant to base the worth of a person of the medias sensationalization of extremists.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 2:25 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• OneToughMami
    I think it's rather ignorant to base the worth of a person of the medias sensationalization of extremists.

Sensationalism of extremists? Extremists are killing people. The media reports it. That's not sensationalism. We should think about learning more about the Islamic religion. I want to know if they are really told in the Qurarn to kill people who aren't of the Islamic faith?!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:33 AM on Nov. 7, 2009