Is it true that when you go into labor if you are dehydrated your back hurts more during labor?

Or is it your back only hurts if youre dehydrated? Im not sure but I was wondering if either of these are true?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• What I can say I know is true is that being dehydrated makes everything tougher on your body because it's trying to cope with the loss of water. It's why they allow you to have ice chips ... so you can stay hydrated without putting yourself into shock by guzzling water (Plus it helps you from urinating less) I'd recommend just to make it easier on your body to start drinking lots of water and put the soda down ecspecially within a month of your due date.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 1:06 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• No, you can still have back labor pain, and NOT be dehydrated. But I agree with bubblycute... Being dehydrated will make everything tougher on your body. Your muscle are starved for water, and that is not good.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• There is any/every variation in labor. I don't think that it's necessarily going to cause more *back* pain...

And is is okay to guzzle water and pee a lot in labor. Ice chips are given as management.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:25 AM on Nov. 7, 2009