How to treat swollen ears?

My daughter's right ear is swollen. I don't know what causes it.. We went to the pedia but the doctor's not there coz it's saturday..

cai2

Asked by cai2 at 1:29 AM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Hmmm... it sounds like there might be some kind of infection. There are a lot of lymph nodes behind the ears, so if she's fighting an infection it might be a lymph node working, in which case treat her like she's sick.
    It could be swollen from some kind of injury or bug bite, in which case disinfect it.
    It could also be a pimple.

There are so many things it could be, but either way the swelling is there for a reason, and that reason should be treated.

If you can't get a hold of an on-call Dr, just do something for her pain and take her in on Monday.

Good luck.
    jellyphish

Answer by jellyphish at 2:53 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I know my son had this and he had gotten bitten by a sketter. put some Benydrl on it and give if that doesnt help give her osm benydrl. If that doesnt help then you know you hav eto go to the Dr.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 4:13 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• depends on why. But if it's hurts, motrin will help reduce swelling and relieve pain. We use it when my daughter has ear infections.
    Anonymous