What's your opinion on Cesarians and Bottle feeding?

I think these things are wonderful new inventions for those that have no other choice. I don't think that they should be here for our convenience though. only for those that have little or no other choices. it drives me crazy when i mom makes the decision not to breast feed because it's "gross" or her "boobs will sag".

Hali_Taylor

Asked by Hali_Taylor at 5:54 AM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I agree that a cesarean should NEVER EVER be done out of convenience! I'm strictly talking about healthy women with normal, 1st time pregnancies and NO medical issues that have good insurance and agree with their doctor to do a c-section "just because" or "labor is too scary".

I don't really care about bottle vs. breast, whatever works best for mom & baby.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:49 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• ! boobs sag no matter what sorry to break it to people that think it only happens to breastfeeders.
    2 I dont think C section should be done unless 100 % needed.
    It is a major surgery and has many complications taht come from it.

I bottle feed but that is because I had the same problem trying to breastfed my daughter as I did my son. I was only able to do it for a month then I dried up completely. :(

When it comes to bottlefeeding and breastfeeding I honestly think it is NONE of anyones bussiness what another parent dose. AT least the child is being fed and being well taken care of.
    I dont think you should shun someone because they have fallen in to the way the world has made breast taboo.
    Sad to say it is the world we live in.

Csections. IF you are dong one you should be informed completely and I personally dont think you should risk it if you can have a healthy vaginal delievery.

I however dont think....
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:58 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Less of anyone that has to get one.
    My best friend had to get one because if she didnt her baby was going to die.

Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:59 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I think the subject is getting old, I had two of them, and either non c-section birth, or getting one, there could be complications either way. As for bottle feeding, that is a person's choice,
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:18 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I have never heard a single mother who had a c section say that it was because "labor was too scary" or "just because." Every person I know of who had one could give pretty specific details on what was going wrong and caused the need for a c section.

Did you know that not everyone who has a c section ends up bottle feeding? I had a c section and breast fed for 13 months.

I get more annoyed with mothers who push their birth and breast dogma on others than I do with moms who make their own choices. This IS a free country you know.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:21 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I'm for C-sections in emergencies but I dislike when women chose them to begin with. To me, I don't consider them "giving birth." Yeah yeah, I know I'm going to get a lot of angry women yell at me for that comment. Also with bottle feeding I'm for it if women just can't produce the milk or the baby never latches on or they just have to go back to work full time or something, but yeah I hate when women bottle feed so they can still go out and party and do their own thing.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 7:49 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• lol abpeterson..... c-section not giving birth hahahaha..... what did i do? adopt them?? are your kids better than mine simply bc you pushed them out of your vagina?? or maybe something magical happens when you push a baby out..... you become super momma or something?? how ridiculous. but anyway, i just don't get why some people get soooo worked up over what people do with their own bodies. they are not harming the baby in either case, so why do you think you are entitled to tell them how to raise their children? i'm sure you would be pissed if someone tried to do that to you

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:07 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• o and for the record i myself have had 3 c-sections (1 emergency and 2 repeats) and ebf all of them
    princessbeth79

• I had 3 c-sections. I had to. They didn't want me to go into labor. I tried to bf but I don't make enough milk, so I bottle fed so my kids wouldn't starve to death. I think if you try to make someone feel like they are less than a good mom because they choose to do something differently than you, then you are the only one with a problem. You should not be so judgmental. If a woman isn't comfortable bfeeding her child, it is her and her husband's business only.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:36 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I had to have emergency c-section with my first. She came out and had low blood sugar so they gave her a bottle. She took right to it and ate all 4 oz in a matter of minutes. I just decided that if she was content with that so was I. Im currently nine months prego with my second. Im having another c-section and I am bottle feeding. I thought about having a vbac but my hospital doesnt allow it if you have had a previous emergency c-section, I could change but to tell the truth I dont want to. I cant imagine pushing a baby out. I would much rather deal wtih a cut to my belly than a a cut, stiches, or staples to my vagina. lol. I just dont think it could ever go back to normal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:41 AM on Nov. 7, 2009