Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need help making a wise decision about having another baby, here are my 2 situations or scenarios, please answer ladies.(also posted under just for fun)

my DH and I have a 2yrDD. I have been looking for a job for 7 months since I graduated college. I started my masters online about 3 months ago and will be finish next september. DH and I cant seem to make this decision on our own, but have been talking about another baby for awhile.
Scenario 1: me and DH TTC the beginning of the year(jan) if I have not found a job, so by the time the baby is born I will have completed my masters and can start work with more opportunity.

Scenario 2: I wait until I get a job, save money, work atleast a year, and then TTC.....we talking 2012.

BOth scenarios have some positive but also some negative. Sad to say that because of our economy that it wouldnt be wise to start a job and become pregnant shortly after.
which scenario is better in your opinion?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 7:45 AM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

Answers (7)
  • you would'nt want to start work with a newborn at home would you?

    Answer by shay1130 at 8:14 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

  • i believe you missed the point shay1130

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:21 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

  • Believe me when I tell you there is no "right" time to conceive. If you can financially support a baby and afford some kind of daycare now or later I think you should try to conceive now and get it over with because it will be easier in the longrun.

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:31 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

  • I think you have to decide what you feel is best. If you wait, then your daughter willl be 4 or even older by the time you conceive and the baby is born. Are you comfortable or happy with that kind of age difference between them, or do you want them closer in age? If you conceive in Jan or soon there after, finish your Masters (congrats on that, btw!), have the baby, will you be ok with putting the new baby in daycare to go to work right away? Or would you want time at home with the baby? Would you be able to afford to stay home with the baby for a while if you did decide you wanted to do that? Personally, if it were me, I'd go with starting in Jan, b/c I would want my kids to be kind of close in age (my boys are 8 & 6). But you really have to do what you think works best for your family.

    Answer by tropicalmama at 9:07 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

  • i would say go for it now. i had only been at my new job for 3wks when i got pregnant and it was the best thing for me. now when i do go back to work i will almost be at my 1yr there and will be able to work less and take care of my daughter. still this worked for me so i hope it would work for you.

    Answer by skyelyns_mommie at 10:14 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

  • i think that if everyone waiting till they were ready money wise, not that many people will have children, i say go for it, let your daughter be a big sister.

    Answer by newmom092009 at 4:50 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

  • I say go for it now!!

    Answer by mamie2shoes at 6:31 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.