would you be offended if someone got you something used off ebay for a gift?

Okay...so my stepmom has always been pretty evil and for my wedding she got me this album...so after the honeymoon and everything i was going through everything and saw that the album had this huge stain on it so i called my dad and asked where they got it so i could exchange it and he told me he thought my step mom had ordered it off of ebay...i felt so crappy. My dad doesnt have a lot of money and i was'nt expecting a lot from him for my wedding but to get me something off of ebay for my wedding? What made me feel worse is that for my stepsis's wedding my dad hand made this big beautiful arch for her to get married under and right after my wedding my step brother got married and he installed corian countertops in his bathroom for his gift. How would you feel about this?

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 8:11 AM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'd be more upset about what they did at my wedding - and if your dad really does all that stuff for your other siblings and not for you, that's an issue I'd take to my dad. He can make his own choices - not all of it's her fault. If I were you... well, honestly I'd probably quit talking to them altogether. And if they tried to talk to me, I'd bring up exactly what my problem was. (I really am starting to get that bold and I refuse to put up with people being douchey to me).
    Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 1:14 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• pissed!!
    kiyad22

Answer by kiyad22 at 8:19 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I wouldn't mind if they had gotten me something from goodwill.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:29 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Like a spoiled little girl.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:33 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Just be glad your father and step mother were there and supportive of you!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:35 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• my point is that my step mom gets me the album off ebay and she has my dad do stuff from his heart for her kids...nothing for his own daughter
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:37 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• i stated that i know my dad doesnt have a lot of money i would rather have gotten nothing than some used gift with a stain on it. That was my step mom being her evil self...i know she did it on purpose
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:39 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• and just to let you know they were'nt very supportive....they didnt come on time..they showed up an hour before the actual ceremony...the first thing my dad says was "i shoud've brought you some black roses" and then he goes on talking about how marraige is a sham ...they did'nt help clean up or anything. They didnt even introduce themselves to my inlaws...they barged right in went to their rooms and got dressed for the wedding. They didnt want to be there.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:46 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I think I would have been upset too, mostly about the support part. You should ask them to exchange it because it has a big stain on it though, its one thing to get a used item but it's another to get something that used and looks like it. My dad bought me a used grill because he recently lost his job and doesn't have a lot of money, and personally I don't care that it was used, but it is also a really great quality grill. It was obvious that he tried really hard to get me something I would like, and that is what matters the most. So I think you have to look at it like that.
    pinkgemini85

Answer by pinkgemini85 at 8:56 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Yeah, it sounds like everyone is out to get you and to ruin your wedding sorry
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:01 AM on Nov. 7, 2009