anyone take adderall ? (mines for adhd) question about it

so for the longest time i said i dont want any meds for my adhd and social anxiety, but the adhd causes issues, especially since im in college again, doing that along with many other activities plus being a mommy. so i agreed t otry it out, he put me on adderall, started me at 10mg in the morning which is a low dosage. nothing.felt nothing. tried 20mg i noticed a change in appetite and slightly better ability to focus and i was more patient and calm but nothing super major.so today 30mg. and i feel completely normal still. im aware of the addictive possibilities with this drug and the fact many people abuse it, i am not looking to get stoned or addicted . if i feel like im getting addicted i will stop immediately, im not taking this drug lightly. im really hesitant to go up to 40mg but reading online it says the average adult with adhd takes 30-40. if you take it, what is your dosage? side effects? CONT

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Health

• CONTINUED. for those that have taken this not for a medical reason but to get a kick....understand this drug will affect someone with ADHD differently than someone who does not have it. example......if you dont hve adhd and you tke 20mg, you could very well feel like riding a high on speed and you are all over the place and whew.......for someone with actual ADHD, we dont get that super speedy im high feeling, the goal is to get to a normal state where we can focus on one thing without being super scattered and all over the place and concentrated, concentration for me normally is 5-10 min, past that no matter what i do, im scattered and frustrated because nothing gets done as it should because of my lack of focus. so do not think im doing this to get a "speed rush" it does not give me that feeling nor do i want it, im a mother, that would be irresponsible and ive seen howangry ppl are with speed drugs and highs.not my goal
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:10 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Medication is not the only option. There are many therapists who work with people who have ADD/ADHD; they teach them not just coping skills, but how to use ADD/ADHD as an advantage in their lives. Thom Hartmann has written extensively on this topic; you should be able to find his books art your local library, there is lots of information at his website: http://www.thomhartmann.com/category/thom/adhd-education/

Answer by rkoloms at 2:52 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• as an advantage. hmm never heard of that
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 6:36 PM on Nov. 7, 2009