slow flow nipples?

Any suggestions on slow flow nipples for bottle feeding expressed milk? My 6 week old will take a bottle if she has to, but my husband says the Nuk bottles I have are too fast and she chokes.

lilysmom2607

Asked by lilysmom2607 at 9:42 AM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I recommend the playtex variable flow nipples. Baby has to suck to get the milk out and it comes out only as fast or slow as baby sucks. (if you hold it upside down, no milkcomes while, while most slow flow leaks a few drops at a time). Also, even the slow flow can be torns or stretched or just a flawed nipple and come out too fast (all nipples, not jsut the slow) so you may just need to buy a few more and try those.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Yes, we use the playtex vent air bottles with the SLOW nipple!
    momtopreemie521

Answer by momtopreemie521 at 11:57 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• BTW, if you buy a vent air bottle it comes with a standard slow flow nipple. Then about 3,4,5 or months you will want to get fast flow
    momtopreemie521

Answer by momtopreemie521 at 11:58 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I agree with getting one of the variable flow nipples. That's what baby's used to at the breast.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:20 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I used Dr. Brown Preemie Flow nipple on a evenflo glass bottle.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 4:43 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• And you NEVER need a fast flow nipple for a breastfed baby. NEVER.
    Arisce

• I use Playtext Drop In's. The nipples come in slow flow. Both of my children have used these bottles and have had absolutely no trouble with them.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:45 PM on Nov. 7, 2009