Preggo again and my babies will be 15 months apart....

I'm so excited that I'm going to be having another baby! We planned to have the kids close together but I never dreamed they'd be this close. I'm over the moon but a little nervous too because my baby will only be 15 months old when the new baby is born. Anyone else have their children this close together? How'd you manage it?

ktok2009

Asked by ktok2009 at 10:00 AM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Congratulations! That's very exciting, I'm soo happy for you!!
    My children are 13 months and five days apart to be exact. My daughter is just over a week old and it's actually been surprisingly easy so far. My son is super laid back and though he's had a few troubles adjusting, he does seem to be adjusting well. My daughter is really easy to take care of, she doesn't require much and is perfectly content with laying there watching the world. Which helps me out greatly, as my son requires a little more attention sometimes. Just because he's a very active one year old who's extremely curious. At times it's a little rough, but that's because my son is in a horrible habit of waking up in the middle of the night right now. But generally it's just a take every minute at a time. Relax when they sleep and just breathe through it when they're awake. It's really great having both kids, so enjoy every good moment and let the bad slide
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:43 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Yes 16 months apart.. double stroller :) that's how i did it. Have fun!!
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 10:10 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I have them 15 months apart, 18 months apart, and soon to be 14 months apart! A double stroller is great. Personally I don't think there is a lot of adjusting for the little ones. Life with another baby quickly becomes the only thing they know. There are difficult days. My second born was colicky and there were times I sat on the bathroom floor crying while both boys laid in their beds screaming. But, you adjust, the kids adjust, and it is WORTH IT!!!! Once my babies were sitting up on their own, the other kids started interacting with them more. It was precious and made everything worth it!! Get sleep when you can. You'll have crazy nights when you are up with both babies, or just one and then the next night the other one is up. Get the newborn down for a nap when your oldest naps - that way you can sleep too! Congratulations!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:16 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Yep, ours are 13 months apart, Welcome to the Irish Twins Club!! LOL Our boys are best buddies, and yes a double stroller is the highly recommended! CONGRATS!!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:18 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• my first to are 11 months apart the first year is hard but it does get easier
    jen699

Answer by jen699 at 10:39 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Think of it this way. One gets grown and moves out, the other one is right behind moving out.

Answer by louise2 at 10:45 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I had twin boys and 13 months later had a daughter. It was crazy like having triplets around here with all the diaper changes and chaos was even worse when they got sick. And forget the sleeping schedules, I never could get them to nap at the same time LOL However, the good side to it all(which all the "bad experiences are worth going through) is that they have friends the near or at the same ages, and they are really close. There are times though when my poor daughter is the "third wheel" but lucky for you you won't have that issue to deal with.

it's really not too bad having them that close together, it just takes an adjustment or two to get use to it. Congrats and good luck!
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 10:47 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I just had to move Chloe out of her crib a little sooner than I wanted :P SO FAR (youngest is only 4 months) they ADORE each other. Sometimes I do wish I had a double stroller though =\ Going to the mall alone with the both of them is tough cuz my toddler has to walk. hmm, Good luck and congrats :)
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 11:26 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• It will be great, mine are 14 months apart and life is hectic with one or with 2 so just jump in and adjust to whatever is happening. I look at it this way, you get all the diapers done and sleepless nights done in a few years as opposed to stretching it out over 5-6 years. Have fun
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• My son will be 1 on November 10th and that is my new sons due date! So they are going to be 12 months apart, hopefully it all goes smoothly for both of us! Good luck!
    shannonre

Answer by shannonre at 11:19 PM on Nov. 7, 2009