Thinking about gettin fixed!

I need advice this is one of the hardest decisions of my life im 23 i have 3 boys 5 3 an 6 wk! i also have a step son! i have been thinking about gettin my tubes tied but im not sure i want to but than again i wanna try for a lil girl in 10 yrs but not before than! than im thinkin about just adopting a lil girl in 10 yrs cuz i dont think my husband can have girls lol! plus there are so many kids out there that dont have a family! i dont know what to do do you ladies have any advice i go tuesday for my 6 wk check up an i dont wanna make a decision that i will regret!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's really a personal decision, you could always go with a long term birth control such as the IUD, and get a second one put in after 5 years, and take it out after 10. If you REALLY want a girl, your best bet would be to adopt- if your husband has fathered 4 boys, I don't see girls (not to say that he can't) That's all just my opinion though. This is something that everyone can have different opinions on.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 10:22 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• You're young, you should really think this over.. IMO, going on a reliable birth control would be the best option if you're unsure. Talk to your Dr. I'm sure they can give you some advice as well.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:27 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• i would suggest an iud bc it is less expensive and less permanent. that's what i'm doing.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:29 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• You are young and not sure, the doctor probably won't even do it. There are forms of bc that are almost 100%.

You can't just say, "I'm going to adopt a girl." You have to be approved and it costs a lot of money. There are many things that could disqualify you. Unless you know someone willing to give you a child it is very difficult.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:29 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• It's not that easy to adopt a baby anymore. If your this unsure about it, I wouldn't do it.

And you can get a girl..I know a family who had six boys before they had a girl.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 10:32 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Just think of it this way--- in ten years you will have a 15, 13 and a 10 year old all in sports and after school activites and after school jobs and all there friends do you really want to start all over with another baby, adopted or otherwise!!! Don't forget you can always be a foster parent, for infants or toddlers or older kids. Personally I am a single mother of a 9 and 6 year old and with my youngest I got a mirena put in and when it was time to get it removed I got my tubes tied and I do not regret it after the last kid is potty trained who wants to go back to diapers!!! Seriously the seasons of life---baby time, big kid time, teenagers, empty nest, grandbabies, Besides the Duggars who wants grandbabies and children the same age----too weird!!! In other words you already have 3 babies of your own and a stepson --so 4 babies already, that is enought to fill anyones heart with joy!!! Two was enough to fill mine with joy!
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 10:34 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• If you are not 100% sure you want a perminate birth control you shouldn't do it. Also, I wouldn't recommend a quick decision. DH and I decided that we would have 3 kids years ago -regaurdless of genders. So now, looking at perminate birth controls at 25 has not been a quick decision and its something we're both 100% positive about and comfortable with.

Our of curiosity, what is your husband's opinion? This needs to be something you both agree on.

I also suggest that you look into something like an IUD or other longer term birth controls. If in 5-10 years when you'd need to have an IUD replaced, I would bet you'll know then whether you want another baby or are ready to get something perminate.

Oh, and just FYI, no matter what, at our ages its hard to find a doc who will perminately sterilize you.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 10:42 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• My husband wants me to get it done an if i do it than he is going to do it he is 27 an he says he is done having kids so i guess that means im done as well! also i have talked with my doc about this an he said that because i have 3 kids that he will do it if i want!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I wanted a boy with my first , got a girl. I wanted a boy with my second, got a girl. Stopped at 2. got fixed at 25,26 years old. Was afraid I would have another girl if I tried a third time. So I went out and bought a male chihuahua.

Answer by louise2 at 10:52 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• You are having second thoughts so don't do it. You have to be 100% sure with this type of thing. I got fixed (not a tubal though) at the age of 21 but I knew for 100% that I was done having kids. I cannot withstand going through another pregnancy and those newborn days. Why not try the IUD? It is good for a few years and the new IUC (Mirena) is good for 10 years.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 2:19 PM on Nov. 7, 2009