Getting my period every 2 weeks! Need suggestions!

Hi I have been getting my period every 2 weeks for the past 3 mths, I have been to the doctor this past week and got a sonogram but the woman did not tell me anything she said that she would tell my gyn and he would call me, But he hasn't called and it has been 3 days. Has anyone ever gone through this, I would love to know what could this be.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Health

• Probably hormonal imbalance unless you have recently given birth or had a miscarriage. The doctor may recommend birth control pills.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:35 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I recommend calling your gynecologist. I remember I had an ultrasound done and it was almost ten days and they never called me. some doc offices are just too busy or they just don't seem to care. Seriously. I've had some really good gynecologists with awesome office staff, but the one i'm speaking of here, was not a good one. He made me cry, yelled at me for scheduling my c-section at a hospital HE didn't like. Said it's a "damn pain in the ass" scheduling surgeries there. anyway, sorry, just rambling here. Definitely call your doc, you have every right.

I don't know why you are having closer periods. I know mine every month come a day or two earlier each month, and wonder if I am getting closer to menopause. Not sure why it happens.

I hope everything is okay, and maybe it's something simple like non-malignant cysts that are just rupturing and can be removed surgically or something like that. Good luck! :)
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 10:40 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• How old are you?

Answer by louise2 at 10:41 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Mine are also every 2 weeks. I was on the depo shot and they said that was what it was, so I switch to the pill, and it is still happening. I am thinking of getting an IUD.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• cayenne pepper and uva ursi tea can stop excessive bleeding.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:37 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I am 25yrs old
    Anonymous