What is your thoughts on the H1N1 Vaccination?

***DO NOT TURN MY QUESTION INTO A BIG ARGUMENT! I AM SIMPLY LOOKING FOR OTHERS OPINIONS NOT DRAMA! SO IF YOU LEAVE A RUDE COMMENT ABOUT ANOTHERS ANSWER YOU WILL BE TURNED IN TO CAFEMOM!***
Now, with that said, What are your pros and cons of the H1N1 Vaccine? I have heard so much about it and I know the only way to really know is to do the research and I have, I just havent come across anything that has lead me to belive this Vaccine is for me or my family. I'm 34 weeks pregnant and one Dr had the nerve to sit in my visit and give me this huge lecture about getting the vaccine when it comes available, he gave me a little background on it but not enough to convince me. So what are your thought? PLEASE keep this civil! Everyone has a right to thier OWN opinion!!!

angieluv

Asked by angieluv at 10:46 AM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Health

• Not getting it, and neither are my kids.
    3rdDay

Answer by 3rdDay at 10:47 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• i'm not letting my family get it i don't think they have had enough time to research it properly and i would rather risk them getting it then possibly getting some long term or permanent disability from it
    jen699

Answer by jen699 at 10:51 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I saw the package insert. The drug company recommends that pregnant women NOT get it unless necessary. They do not know how it affects a pregnant woman or the baby. That is more then enough for me. I am 37 weeks and did not get it.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:54 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• No we won't get it.
    H1N1 Flu vax Package Insert Info. from Novartis: Oct. 21,
    "Specific levels of...antibody post- (after) vaccination with inactivated influenza virus vaccine have NOT been correlated with protection from influenza illness. In some human studies, antibody titer of ≥1:40 have been associated with protection from influenza illness in up to 50% of subjects. "
    ref: http://www.fda.gov/downloads/BiologicsBloodVaccines/Vaccines/ApprovedProducts/UCM112904.pdf

momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 10:59 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• they haven't proven it works, Momoflilangel has the goods on the package insert. thanks for posting that research! I can't believe how these doctors, who can read, are not reading this information.

not getting it. we also have one of those h1n1 vaccine horror stories in my family, so we're especially against it.

i personally feel that this is some big money making scheme. the fatalities from h1n1 are extremely low compared to the regular seasonal flu.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:34 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Thanks everyone, really makes me feel better about my decesion, especially with your research momoflilangel. I've also heard that there was way too much Mercury in it. Its just scary.
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 1:17 PM on Nov. 7, 2009