Fleas...

I am cleaning everything washing everything, but what is something that is safe to spray in the house to help make sure that ther are gone??? I have done pretty much everything else I can think of... I have never had fleas... yuk....

Korysmom96

Asked by Korysmom96 at 10:51 AM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Pets

• You can. You can even bleach the pet's bedding, but pet's do like their scent around, so be warned if you remove their scent totally, they will probably poop or pee in the house to get it back.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• nothing that kills is "safe."

the best natural method is steam and citrus oil. fleas really hate citrus oil. if you can rent or borrow a good HOT steamer for your carpets and furniture, it's worth it. plus, your house will look new.

the vet has a spray by frontline. it doesn't work. and it's got chemicals that are not good for your kids. don't get duped into buying it.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:19 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• There is this stuff at Walmart, I'm sorry I forget what it's called but it's in a green box and it's all natural. You might want to try that.
    armywife12

Answer by armywife12 at 12:57 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• YOu have not specified if you have a cats or dogs or both. DO NOT use any over the counter products like Hartz on them especially cats because can cause neuroligical problems and even death. Get Advantage,Frontline or Revolution from the vet to put on the animals it is safe and effective. The stuff from grocery store or pet store does not work. YOu will have to use it fore several months to get the whole flea cycle because no product will kill the flea when it is in the eggs. I personally keep my pets on it year round so that i don't have to deal with fleas ever.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 4:22 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• KyliesMom5 is 100% right.

Owner of "The Animal Den"

SherriX2

Answer by SherriX2 at 7:25 PM on Nov. 7, 2009