My ds has been pooping his pants about 5 times a day for a month. What do I do?

He is 6 years old. I have talked to the ped about it in the past. It started up when I went back to work last year. The ped said it was behavioral. He stopped when I got fired. Now it has started up again. Before he never did it at school. Now he does. Also he has no problem with going number one on the toliet. I have tried taking privelages away. Also I have given awards for when he doesn't. I have tried writing punishments. Also diet changes. My next step I think is the doctor again. I have no idea what else to do.

sweetpea532

Asked by sweetpea532 at 10:52 AM on Nov. 7, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Make him clean up the mess by himself. My 3 year old has to do that. He dumps the stink in the toilet. Clkeans up the floor if any is on the floor. Puts his stinky clothes in a bag or the washing machine. Goes potty (to make sure it is all out), and dresses himself in clean clothes. My son hates having to do all that without my help. It has really cut down on the messes!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:58 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Get a second opinion. Also, even if it is behavioral, he needs help. Take him to a counselor and see if that will help.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:03 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I second what micheledo said. Kids hate cleaning up their own poop and learn to put it in the correct spot. I don't mean either that he watches you clean. He has to touch the yuckiness, and clean it ALL up.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:56 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• stick his nose in it and smack him with a newspaper
    Christiqual

Answer by Christiqual at 10:09 PM on Nov. 8, 2009