polyhydramnios (too much fluid) and baby measuring big?

I have had this with all my pregnancies (on #3 right now) and everytime they tell me I'm having a BIG baby. My babies weighed 6 lbs. 7.25 oz. @35 1/2 weeks (I think the date was off by 2 weeks) and 6 lbs. 6.7 oz. @ 38 weeks.
So nowhere near the BIG baby they kept telling me I was having. Anyone else ever go through this?

autumnsmommy02

Asked by autumnsmommy02 at 10:52 AM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• over 6 lbs at only 35 weeks is a good sized baby! they said the same thing with my daughter, and come to find out, she was over 11 lbs. maybe u just have a 3 month old in there! lol
    micahsmommy512

Answer by micahsmommy512 at 11:10 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Quoting micahsmommy512:

over 6 lbs at only 35 weeks is a good sized baby! they said the same thing with my daughter, and come to find out, she was over 11 lbs. maybe u just have a 3 month old in there! lol

That's true but I'm sure the due date was off by almost 2 weeks. My original due date was March 6th and she changed it to March 17th and then started telling me my baby was measuring too big. It didn't make any sense. So I would've actually been 37 1/2 weeks not 35 1/2. (she's a stupid OB (I'm in a small town with lack of options in prenatal care).

autumnsmommy02

Answer by autumnsmommy02 at 9:38 AM on Nov. 11, 2009