polyhydramnios (too much fluid)and babby measuring big?

I have had this with all my pregnancies (on #3 right now) and everytime they tell me I'm having a BIG baby. My babies weighed 6 lbs. 7.25 oz. @35 1/2 weeks (I think the date was off by 2 weeks) and 6 lbs. 6.7 oz. @ 38 weeks.
So nowhere near the BIG baby they kept telling me I was having. Anyone else ever go through this?

autumnsmommy02

Asked by autumnsmommy02 at 10:55 AM on Nov. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

• I didn't have that, but I'm thinking it should depend on how they are measuring the baby. They should not have been saying the baby is big by ultrasound. But if they were just using the old tape measure on the belly, then it makes sense. The tape measure can't tell what is fluid and what is baby.

wink mini

kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 11:00 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I had that with my daughter (the extra water). And all my kids have measured big. The largest was 8 pounds 2 ounces, but they thought he was much bigger. My kids are all long though, so I imagine that affects their estimates. (My firstborn, born three weeks early, was 23 inches).
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 11:01 AM on Nov. 7, 2009