Irregular Cycles, When do I ovulate?

My cycles run anywhere from 29 to 45/50 days, I bleed for 3 to 5 days, When do I ovulate? DF & I made love exactly 7 days after my period ended last month, & I got carried away in the heat of the moment & clung to him & scratched his back & he ended up ejaculating inside of me. We are NOT TTC at the moment (I didn't know where to put this). What are my chances that I could I be pregnant? Please no bashing, if you can't just simply answer my question then plead the 5th & bump my question. That's all I ask.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• You can take your temp every morning and chart it and you will be able to tell if and when you are ovulating. You can print out charts from the internet. Here is a sample.

http://www.babycenter.com/0_sample-basal-body-temperature-cervical-mucus-chart_7252.bc
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:30 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• You probably ovulate 11-16 days before the start of your period. Since your periods are irregular, there's no way to know just from dates when you ovulate. You'll have to chart to figure that out (www.fertilityfriend.com is a good resource). No one can tell you your chances of being pregnant since there's no telling when you ovulated, or even if you have yet. The best thing to do in your situation is just take a test 2-3 weeks after you had sex.

DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:15 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• This may sound gross, but a physical sign I have heard about is your cervical mucas will be more prodominate when you are about to release the egg. I think you then have 12-36 hours at that point to get pregnant. I am not an expert, thats just what I have heard.
    Anonymous