Gift ideas?

My teenager has a chance to go to Germany in the summer, so I want to get him Christmas gifts for the trip. He already has plenty of books on Germany and is taking a German class (hence, the trip). We might get him a digital camera, but that's the only thing I can think of.

He is so hard to buy for (I even have a hard time coming up with just regular gift ideas!

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Travel

• how about a journal so he can log his time there?
    JDanesMommy

Answer by JDanesMommy at 11:30 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• luggage? a toiletries kit? AAA has some great gift ideas....luggage tags, the roller thing to put the luggage on, a neck pillow for the flight, electrical adapters (don't know if you need those in Germany)
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 12:05 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• thanks to you both -- Great ideas so far!
    Anonymous

• How long is he going to be there and is he going to be somewhere where he can wash clothes if it's for longer than a week? Most sporting goods stores (Dicks, REI, etc) have underwear that you can wash in the sink that dry quickly so you can basically just pack two pair of underwear. So that's an idea. Also my husband and I went to Italy a couple of years ago and we bought Keen sandals so that we didn't have to pack socks or have dirty socks stinking up our luggage and they are comfortable for lots of walking. We also took those big zip lock type bags with us that we put our dirty laundry into and then rolled them up so they took less room in the luggage and left more room for souvenirs. I don't know what exactly those are called, but basically when you roll them up it removes all the air and makes them really compact.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 6:36 PM on Nov. 7, 2009