Does your husband look at porn? Is it okay with you?

Obviously I'm insecure and have a poor self-image, but I don't know how to get over these feelings. I found my husbands porn and it just makes me really bad about how I look. I don't think I'm that ugly, but I'm not a porn star either. I don't even wear a B cup and I know most of the pictures he's looking at are girls with giant tits. He doesn't even look at mine or touch them. Is this normal for me to feel this way? How do I get over this?

MaMaMo531

Asked by MaMaMo531 at 11:27 AM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• Pray Pray Pray
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• My husband looks at it. I don't have a problem with it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Sit down with him and ask him to tell you what he likes about you physically. That will give you a new and most likely surprising perspective on how you look in his eyes. Don't badger him about it just ask him to point out a few things about your body that really gets him going. If you two are still sexually active with each other then there's obviously an attraction there for him.

I would also suggest counseling for you to deal with your self image problems.

Anonymous

• I keep finding pornographic material on my husband's computer. This used to upset me, but now that we have a child I find it completely unacceptable. I don't want my baby to be exposed to this stuff -- even as an infant -- and I think it's time my husband grew up. Go to this website (www.eblaster.com) and download "eBlaster" and you will find every web sight he has been to and it will also tell you what words he is typing in to search for porn. It has helped me tremendously in confronting. Any man who is replacing you with his porn needs to get help. And you can only ask. If he isn't willing or doesn't see a problem all you can do is leave...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• It is my opinion that pornography is only acceptable if both partners are open to this and agree with each other on this topic. If it will improve the relationship...go ahead and explore together. If it will only hurt the relalationship...it's either your partner, or the pornography.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• In order to avoid my husband from hiding it, I got him subscriptions to the different magazines. I paid for them and renew them every time it comes up. yes he looks at porn but I figure it works in my benefit. We watch porn together also.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• WAKE UP PEOPLE!! Does anyone here have concern about what we are passing on to the generations to come? Children live what they learn at all ages, from babyhood on. The baby does not have to see the pictures of pornography to feel the rising tension in the home or the lack of moral value from its Father. If the husband continues, it won't be long before his child will encounter some kind of pornography on the computer or within the home. Our world today has gotten so morally messed up that we dare to think that sexual impurity is OK!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• What is healthy is a man and a woman, made in the image of God, having closeness and being together as God designed it. In my opinion, when we are complete and where we need to be, we don't need to look outside of our marriage in any way to obtain fulfillment. Our world is rapidly becoming more and more twisted. We need to remember that we will one day have to pay for our actions. Sadly, it is our children that are paying for it now. Good Luck with you Husband!
    Anonymous

• have you asked him if you could look at it together and maybe he could tell you what it is he likes? it could be that he likes some position or some camera angle and these big boobed girls are the ones he found at a free site. most porn stars have big boobs. it doesn't mean he wants you to have big boobs.

when is the last time you 2 had an intimate encounter with the lights on? men are visual.

he married you and had babies with you because he loves you and thinks you're hot. trust me, he thinks you are super hot. just tell him, "i want more compliments on the way i look and you want more (insert explicit material of choice), so you wanna trade?"

my man loves that kind of stuff. also, do you compliment him? compliments go both ways. men like to feel sexy and appreciated too.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:44 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• It is normal for you to feel this way, IMO, and I wouldn't say that it is something that you need to get over. I object to porn altogether but if TWO people are comfortable with it, that's their business. I don't agree with any one half of a relationship doing anything that clearly bothers their spouse no matter what it is.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 11:49 AM on Nov. 7, 2009