How long after dating were you and your DH engaged? married? had kids?

masonsmommy921

Asked by masonsmommy921 at 11:41 AM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• I moved to Jersey, met DH in January, was pregnant with DS by April. DH and I got married in September of the following year and had DD the following May.....yadda yadda yadda.... It's been 4 years and we've got 4 great kids and we couldn't be happier:)
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 11:44 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I was 6 months pregnant when i met my DH. We got engaged 3 months later, married 6 months after that and he has helped me raise my DD as his own since the day she was born without me asking him to. He is a great man even though we still have our issues.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Moved in together after 3 years, married during year 5, first kid during year 6. Just celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary this year.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 11:45 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Well my dh lived in another country when I met him so the first 10 months of our relationship was conducted via snail mail.  We were engaged 8 months after I re-located and married 1 year later.  Our first born came along 4 years later.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:47 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• 1 month after dating we were engaged, then he had a vasectomy, we decided not to have children, (I had 3 from a previous marriage) married 8 months later... And Happier then I have ever been!!!!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:49 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Well, he proposed to me after the 3rd week and i told him no. But he insisted on buying me a promise ring. Then the whole time he was in Korea he was telling everyone about his wife (me). I told him to stop calling me that because we weren't married yet so then he started calling me his fiance'. ...after 6 months sense he proposed he paid for a trip for me to visit him in Korea. There, he proposed again (with no ring) and that time, i accepted. 7 months after that we were married!

DH has a son from a previous marriage and we've also been taking care of my little brother for the last 7 months. We've been married for 1 year and 4 months, and we've been together for 2 years and 5 months.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:52 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• We got engaged on our second date (had known each other for 1 month and dating for like 2 weeks). I got pregnant about a week later but miscarried. Then 1 year after we got engaged we got married and found out I was pregnant with our oldest. We would've gotten married sooner but I was underage and my mother wouldn't allow it.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 11:54 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• We dated for 3 months before getting engaged and were married 3 months later. Kids took us a little while longer. LOL! We were married for 3 years before our first was born. But after that we packed them in! #4 is due in 3 weeks and the oldest is 3 years old (4 in December).
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 11:54 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• We were together 2 years when we got engaged, and got pregnant at 2 1/2 years. Still waiting to make a wedding date. We just really don't have the extra money with a 8 month old.
    Anonymous

• I don't think we were ever "engaged". We started dating at 17 in June of 1996, and had planned to get married pretty much all along. We were dating about a year when we picked a date, and we were married in September of 1997 when we were 18 years old. We were married just shy of five years when we had our first child in June of 2002 and we had our second baby right before our 8th anniversary in June of 2005.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:31 PM on Nov. 7, 2009